• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Allison M916 + Mk48 Cab = 6x6 "FEMTT"

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Is there any chance of damage to a sprag transfer case with this setup. The wheels will always freewheel at the same speed.
I'm not understanding your question? The front sprag only engages when the rears spin more than 7% ahead of the front. So basically the front will never engage in this setup. (I guess it could spin up the rear if it was hooked to a lot of cars and you goosed it hard at the start)

JarheadMtn

Soni, I am NOT trying to throw you under the bus and get you in trouble with your significant other.....But have you kept track of the man hours and money that you have invested in this project? Your work is awesome and I look forward to seeing more of your projects!!!

M920

Soni, I am NOT trying to throw you under the bus and get you in trouble with your significant other.....But have you kept track of the man hours and money that you have invested in this project? Your work is awesome and I look forward to seeing more of your projects!!!
Hmmm.....I did keep all the receipts for parts and materials that have went in to the FEMTT project, but I have not been 'brave' enough to total them up!
I did not keep track of my hours......probably a good thing though....I don't want to end up on Prozac.... Lol :whistle:

M920

Allison transmission tcm and wiring....

Today, I was working on getting the Allison Transmission's TCM and the relay box mounted in a water tight container. I decided to use an old 'US Army Night Vision Goggle' box and mount it to the back side of the spare tire carrier.

The two main harnesses from the TCM have watertight connections already installed from Allison. The rest of the control circuit wiring and the main power wires going to the battery box, are run without a plug in them. I used some bulk head fittings, from the elecrical section of the local hardware store, to route them out of the TCM enclosure. After all the wires are run and connected, I will fill the fittings around the wires with silicone gasket sealant and install a section of shrink tubing for strain relieve.

I'm trying to get all the work on the back side of the engine dog house completed, so that I can bolt the winch control console and hydraulic tank back in place.

Maybe tomorrow......

Attachments

M920

Back engine compartment panel

I was hopeing to get more done today, but I'm happy that I got the back engine compartment panel done.
Maybe tomorrow I can get the rest of the things done in this area and finally re-install the hydraulic tank.

I had to take the top part of the exhaust system and the muffler back off, to get better access to the rear of the dog house....I will use the opportunity to paint it with high heat paint.

Here are a couple of pics of the new panel with louvers.....

Attachments

M920

Soni, How do you access to the engine if you need to service or remove it?
Yes the ROPS is bolted to the frame with six large bolts and is removable if I have to pull the engine. That's what the D-rings are for at the top of the ROPS. Pretty much everything else cane be serviced through all the access panels though. Also the fenders come off with removing just a few bolts if better side access is needed.

Soni

M920

Well, I did not get anything done today, so I took a few full view pics.....I'm pretty happy with the way the truck is turning out, but I sure can't wait to see it moving from the spot, it has been occupying for the last seven month!

I'm predicting that it will take me another 10 Days to have it move under it's own power..... :naner:

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks