• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Allison M916 + Mk48 Cab = 6x6 "FEMTT"

M920

I can't wait to see what happens when you start in on that HETT. :popcorn:
The M1070 HET is just about perfect from Oshkosh! The only things that I have in store for it are:

- Cigarette lighter plug to charge cell phone and MP3 player

- A 6" body lift to make room for bigger tires

- Bigger tires for more speed

- A 'Hovaraound' to get around in the cab when I get older

- Curb feelers to keep my CTIS covers from getting scratched up

- At least 12 KC Hi-lites, on a bar, across the top of the cab

- Swapping in two Prius engines, to reduce my 'Carbon Footprint' (I think I might be out of carbon credits) and to improve fuel mileage

Other then that......I think I will be content with it, just the way it is......:jumpin:

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The M1070 HET is just about perfect from Oshkosh! The only things that I have in store for it are:

- Cigarette lighter plug to charge cell phone and MP3 player

- At least 12 KC Hi-lites, on a bar, across the top of the cab

Might I make a suggestion?

I don't normally pimp walmart, but this is the outlet I installed for the drivers side of my truck. It's nice because it still has a standard plug, and already has two usb charging ports. No extra chargers to keep track of!
http://www.walmart.com/ip/12V-Dual-USB-Under-Dash-Mount-18003W/29029303

I also used one of their two port outlets for the passenger side.

I've been adding extra lighting to my truck as well. I've been using off road 12v lights for the tail end since they'll be "abused" and it's easier to replace them. But for the front, I'm thinking about a LED light bar mounted just above the visor like this:

50srseries.jpg

But due to the width, it'll take two of them.

HanksDeuce

If I had the extra $$$ laying around I wouldn't mind having a Soni-built FEMTT with Mattracks for that "go anywhere" capability.

Soni: What size tires are on the M1070? 16R20s? If so, what bigger tires are you going with?

Attachments

M920

If I had the extra $$$ laying around I wouldn't mind having a Soni-built FEMTT with Mattracks for that "go anywhere" capability.

Soni: What size tires are on the M1070? 16R20s? If so, what bigger tires are you going with?
I was just kidding about the modifications on the HET.....I like it just the way it is!!

As far as the tire size....the 16.00R 20 are pretty much as big as you can go and still maintain DOT approval.

Soni

M920

Pulled My First Trailer Today......

Well, I had to move my tanker trailer around in the yard today, so I used the FEMTT and took it for a spin down the road. This is the first time I hauled a trailer with the FEMTT and it towed it very nicely. I have to admit, I like the way it looks with a trailer.....

The M870A1 is going to be next.....:driver:

Soni

Attachments

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You need to send some pics to Oshkosh asking for some random part number, see the reaction. That thing looks amazing. and very at home with the tanker behind it.

Awesome job.

M1075

I'm surprised the trailer doesn't have more rake than that on your truck. I tried a tanker with a M916A1 and it looked plain goofy.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I had to move my tanker trailer around in the yard today, so I used the FEMTT and took it for a spin down the road. This is the first time I hauled a trailer with the FEMTT and it towed it very nicely. I have to admit, I like the way it looks with a trailer.....

The M870A1 is going to be next.....:driver:

Soni

Looks good!!!

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I had to move my tanker trailer around in the yard today....... The M870A1 is going to be next.....
Soni
Does look good, just imaging the tanker 'singled out' with same size tires!, but going from what M1075 said (post #696).....
I'll assume that the tanker had(?) a 2" Kingpin and the M870 is 3 1/2" right..... What did you do to make this easy for the different trailers?

Looks good though.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I guess I should known you would have the biggest water buffalo, so how many 149's fit in there?:not worthy:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks