• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Banks Turbo - I bit the bullet

67_C-30

I can't wait to do this mod. I recently bought a wrecked 'Burb with an older Banks Sidewinder kit on it. It is pretty much the same as the newer one, except it "Y"'s into the factory dual exhaust system under the cab. I consider that a plus, because I love the look of the factory duals on my M1009. It also has an older looking pressure chamber and filter box, but the turbo bearing is tight and it ran great on the Suburban. Here's some pics a video of the engine running.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eolZIk1f_PA[/media]

Attachments

blitzengine

2. Whoever said the new delco 60gs glow plugs would not swell did not tell the truth... mine are less than a year old and stuck. How do I get these suckers out?

The person who told you that the delco G60 plugs would not swell was telling the truth If your glowplug system is working correctly and by the looking at picture number 9 it is no wonder your glow plugs are swollen. the G60's are 12 volt and not 24, you are running 24 volts directly to the glow plugs when you removed the resistor pack from the fire wall. The resistor drops the voltage down to 12 volt, Remove the wire running from the 24 volt block and connect a wire from the 12 volt junction block (just above the glow plug relay) to the relay and your system will work correctly and because you ran 24 volts trough them I hope that you will be able to remove them without pulling the heads.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks