• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Best Thing You've Found in Your CUCV

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jack, jack handle, lug wrench, road triangles.

In the ashtray - cigarette butts and golf tees.

What is it with golf tees in vehicle ashtrays? It seems like I see that a lot and I've never known why.

Bozor1000

Mine still had the troop seats installed. I found a jack w/no jack handle. A brand new spare. A lock and chain welded to the seat for the steering wheel. Cigarette butts in the ash tray. Mine came out of Camp Roberts California and was used as a National Guard Truck. NO RUST!!!!!

warlord381

Bought a M105A2 trailer last year. When I previewed it I saw it had tarp and bows and two mounted steel chests up near the front with lots of drawers. I didnt look inside the drawers until I won it. It was packed with small arms cleaning equipment, heavy weapons cleaning equipment, night vision weapons mounts, batteries for all types of NODS. There were even bore brushes for the 105mm. Must have been an armorers trailer. Huge find, I was lucky all that stuff was still there when I picked it up.

Nick Danger

In my recently acquired M1008,, hornets nest in the glove box. in the doorjambs,
in the doors ,in the dash , and in the ash tray thankfully someone bug bombed
it before I got it, it's still a lot to clean out!

a68cudas

In my m1009 i found 2 weapon mounts, jerry can holder, radio rack w most of wiring, cigarette that someone installed, 2 roast beef sanwich and cheese wrappers with price $2.79 on them a wingnut for something and a big allen wrench stuck half in and out under back seat

Sajer

I found a bunch of pens, a rusted stripper clip, tons of screws, cig butts, a reciept for a campground that was very old and moldy, and some pieces of plastic that dont belong to anything in the truck that i can see.

I never find cool stuff

charlietango

socks and a long chain. there was a pair of USGI socks, not very old, in the tool compartment under the drivers seat of my M35A2C. I tossed them ;)

something to be left to the imagination there

wb1895

I found the OPORD sending my deuce to CA for a training excersise in 2007. I also found the hand reciept for the truck when it was sent to DRMO.

5ton4ever

nothing good in my m1009, but when I picked up my m813a1 from the national guard armory in Sacramento Ca. there was a dead skunk under the passenger seat. Before it died it had tore up the seats and ripped up most of the foam. It took about 3 months to get rid of the smell. thats my bonus.

datsunaholic

My CUCV came with a few extras. Mostly residue piping and hoses from the foam pumper unit that used to be in the bed, but also:

2 Firefighting helmet lights, with battery packs, still functional (though I don't have a charger for 'em)

1 roll of electrical tape, never opened

2 cans of ether (NOT gonna use 'em)

many nuts, bolts, washers from removal of the lightbar and pumper unit

A couple dozen blown 30A fuses (which apparently had all been used in the 24V fuse block... which is supposed to be a 10A fuse. I think I found the cause, as the insulation was rubbed off the wiring to the high alternator)

A leather glove stuck through the hole in the roof where the radio whip used to be.

The firefighting residue consists of 20+ feet of reinforced hydraulic hose, various valves, pipes, tank straps, and a pile of garden trellis.

K9Vic

Just bought a few M1008 and one M1028 and between them all there were lots of extras. The best was a NATO Slave Cable and one of the reason why I bought it because I knew it was in the cab. Mine were bought through GSA sale, they all ran and drove em home.

Combined, this is what I got.
=====================
2 - New fire extinguishes
2 - used fire extinguishers
4 - Triangle box sets
Multiple tan rectangle ID plates for the bumpers (USAOTC)
.223 blanks unspent
They all had a spare and jack
One had a M-16 mount.
Two had maintenance records.
The M1028 had a bunch of pins, clip keys and odd bolts.
NATO Slave Cable (Was in the M1028)
Oil drain pan, empty.

Last edited:

woodyNla

In the airport's 1031, I found a short shovel, 3 piece grounding rod, set of kleencerts with installation tools, welding rods, brazing rods, two slave cable ends less backs, water jerry can, many wooden steaks, assorted nuts, bolts, screws and cotter pins, and what looks like some type of work table top. It is steel with a raised lip on both sides with a notch cut out on each. Size is about 3' x 2.5' and fairly light for it's size. Also had two lug wrenches, one jack handle (no jack) and a spare. One compartment had about 30 bottles of water and 3 opened MRE packs. I also found a zippo in usable condition.

mr.travo

Found a brand new tranny in mine. Also came with working PTO generator, welder, and air compressor. I have found odds and ends in all the boxes. I guess no one really went through it that much.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks