• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bought A Tank

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Holy Smokes!!!

Dang, and I thought me having that submarine was gonna be kept quiet.

I had it drop shipped to the pond in my back yard. Test fired the torpedo the other day and accidentally sunk my neighbors rowboat. Shhhhh, guess I shouldn't have said that. I never got a BATF Form 6. OOPS. They would probably really freak about my MLRS, Pershing Missile with live nuke warhead but it's only a 1kt so no biggie, the Dora railroad gun, my new M1 ABrams, my C5A, and I'm working on a project to refloat the Bismarck throw some lifts on it and drive it back across the Atlantic. I figure some 53's will take care of that. I also have an F14 and a fleet of attack helicopters. Figure I'd bob the 14. I also have a patriot missile and support equipment.

Man this hobby is getting expensive.
CARNAC, your behaviour lately just makes me curious.:?::?:

Exactly how much of that "Hooch Water" did you drink at the GA Rally, and how many of those cherries did you eat??:drool:

The effects should have worn off by now:-o

Attachments

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I ain't the only geezer here either my nearly my age friend. You'll get there one of these ole days. And the mileage also counts. I get a lot of mileage out of my F14.

Darwin T

from the sound of it, if you lived within a 5 mile radious from carnac you could get away with just about anything. big brother would drive past anything you were doing to keep an eye on him. :beer:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I ain't the only geezer here either my nearly my age friend. You'll get there one of these ole days. And the mileage also counts. I get a lot of mileage out of my F14.
Speaking of mileage....

After I rolled back the odometer on my Second C5A Galaxy to increase her value ifn I ever have to sell her, I reinstalled it and now the Air Speed Indicator's needle keeps bouncing when I'm going between 250-400 knots. Does anyone have some Leopard Lard that I can use to lubricate the cable?????

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Well POOP

Speaking of mileage....

After I rolled back the odometer on my Second C5A Galaxy to increase her value ifn I ever have to sell her, I reinstalled it and now the Air Speed Indicator's needle keeps bouncing when I'm going between 250-400 knots. Does anyone have some Leopard Lard that I can use to lubricate the cable?????
I finally inherit a C5A from my uncle and was just SURE I would have the ONLY one in private hands!!:twisted:

Now all you fellers are popping up with one or two??:roll::roll:

That's it!!! I'm sellin mine!! I'll take scrap value...as is...where is, buyer must arrange shipping:deadhorse:

ER....anyone know how much that rascal weighs?? Price per ton??:jumpin:

OH...I forgot...this one is the A1 model so it SHOULD have the much sought after Mack turbo engine!!:mrgreen:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I finally inherit a C5A from my uncle and was just SURE I would have the ONLY one in private hands!!:twisted:

Now all you fellers are popping up with one or two??:roll::roll:

That's it!!! I'm sellin mine!! I'll take scrap value...as is...where is, buyer must arrange shipping:deadhorse:

ER....anyone know how much that rascal weighs?? Price per ton??:jumpin:

OH...I forgot...this one is the A1 model so it SHOULD have the much sought after Mack turbo engine!!:mrgreen:
Hope AM GENERAL does not see this

Darwin T

Now all you fellers are popping up with one or two??

That's it!!! I'm sellin mine!! I'll take scrap value...as is...where is, buyer must arrange shipping

don't sell it, buy some land, park it in the middle, using the wings as a roof close in under the wings and use the body as a garges. :shock: put runwaylights down you driveway. :cookoo:

adds a whole new spin on mobile home. :beer:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Don't give me any competition. I was planning on buying that 83,000 acres near him that I was gonna use as my impact range. I think they the realator I talked to said it's called Fort Benning. I'm getting it at a steal. Me owning my own fort. I haven't had a fort since I was a kid.

I bet I can get my lifted, bobbed, re-engined deuce up to 90mph in 83,000 acres. Can't wait.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
don't sell it, buy some land, park it in the middle, using the wings as a roof close in under the wings and use the body as a garges. :shock: put runwaylights down you driveway. :cookoo:

adds a whole new spin on mobile home. :beer:
Now THAT's thinking outside the box :!: with TWO wings, you could make it a DUPLEX and let your brother Darrel and your other brother Darrel live next door to you, Darwin :!::!::!:

Darwin T

if unwanted guests show up open the nose and drive the tank out to meet them.

here is the fun part. first paint flames on the tail section. then put in a garden as wide as the body, straight back from the body about 1/4 of a mile long. then see how long before the NTSB or USAF show up to check on the unreported plane crash. when they show up get in the cockpit with a beer and your drivers license, that should make for a fun saturday night trying to explane that :grd:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
if unwanted guests show up open the nose and drive the tank out to meet them.

here is the fun part. first paint flames on the tail section. then put in a garden as wide as the body, straight back from the body about 1/4 of a mile long. then see how long before the NTSB or USAF show up to check on the unreported plane crash. when they show up get in the cockpit with a beer and your drivers license, that should make for a fun saturday night trying to explane that :grd:
:funny:rofl
I'm not into modding a classic MV though.... Does anyone have stencils for the C-5A Galaxy of the USAFMAC or the early 1970's????

OH, and if anyone has an aft-rooftop escape hatch handle safety cover, the one I have is a bit frosted and won't polish back to clear. <frustrated sigh>

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got my eye on a former WWII vintage US Navy General Electric Switching Locomotive. Has anyone out there converted one to High-Speed Magnetic-Levitation technology and gotten rid of those rusty steel wheels :idea:
What would be involved if you changed out those smoky old diesel engines for new pair of environmentally friendly low emission genset powerplants?? Can you run it on E-85??? Oh, BTW, that's not rust...it's called iron oxide preservative.

Make sure you check air pressure in those wheels. If they do go flat, luckily it will only be on one side. Easy fix;).

Almost forgot, going to need something to tow...can an M105 lunette ring be modified to a knuckle coupler and will hubs accept flanged wheels? I'm fairly sure the air brakes are compatible???

Last edited: