• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Clare MI Show Aug. 17-19th 2007

Armada

I'll be coming up o'dark thirty on Saturday morning. If anyone is coming from the south on Saturday, maybe we could convoy. When are you going up Chuck?

ida34

Armada said:
Chuck, are you driving the duece?
I am going to try. I want to get the pyro installed before I try it. I am pretty sure I will have the time. I will probably be hauling the genset trailer too. I am not sure of what time I am going. I am trying for early on Saturday.

Armada

Hey Dave. I met you at Clare last year. You drove your duece up with the top off. Remember the rain? :) Sweet truck you have.
69 to 127 would work for me too. There is a park and ride at the Bancroft exit (just west of Durand exit) on 69 that I could meet you at. If you're driving your duece again this year, I'll drive mine also. We can work out times as it gets closer.
Maybe Chuck can stop by my place on the way, and we can both hook up with you there.

I'll be driving the deuce with the top off unless it rains. This sounds like a plan. I think we will have more joining in as it gets closer. Especially leaving early Saturday which seems to be the preferred time.

67Beast

Anybody seen Lee Houdel lately? Lee are you going to Clare this year, because I'll be rollin' right through Chase, MI. on my way across US10. I'm leaving early morning out of Silver Lake on Saturday and should be around Chase by 8am.

TedG

HI Everyone,

Myself and and another guy from Eaton Rapids are heading up Friday am via Lansing/127 (Joel, we try to meet up on the way up). We are bringing a lot of od stuff for sale!!! I have to make room...

M101 cdn 2001 with 24v lights and ready to be pulled home by new owner
Bantam TC-3 that needs some tlc and can be towed home by new owner
M37 Parts
A LOT of M38 parts
HMMWV parts and covers
6-15.5 x 20 Michelin radials only, new...I will bring the tires if someone wants them all for $1000.

If you break down call one of us at Clare and perhaps we can help out...

See you all soon on top of the hill!!!

Rattlehead

I plan on taking the tractor there, but will probably go that direction Friday evening and stop at a friend's place along the way on M10, should be at the show mid-Saturday. Looking forward to the show, it seems to get better every year. Can't wait to see Dave P's MV train in person. The pics were impressive enough, but I'm sure they don't do it justice. Hopefully he doesn't need to back up anywhere! :lol:

TedG

I thought I would bring this back up to the top of the heap in case someone missed it. This is going to be a good show with a lot of green iron!

I am still bringing the stuff I mentioned...so save freight and buy it at Clare!

Attachments

ida34

67Beast said:
Well, we are a week away. I plan on cutting a large group of decals to bring along and sell. If anyone who's coming, want's anything specific, let me know and I'll make sure that I cut them and bring them along. An idea of what I'm going to bring can be seen on my decal site, http://www.i2k.com/~schwarzd/
Do you have any of the current small black stars for the middle of the bumper? Also how much for bumper numbers such as "101ABN 5/8FAR and C19" for a deuce. I think it is 3 inch and the same for a Cucv except change the c19 for C5. I think they are 2 inch.

Thanks
Chuck

67Beast

ida34 said:
67Beast said:
Well, we are a week away. I plan on cutting a large group of decals to bring along and sell. If anyone who's coming, want's anything specific, let me know and I'll make sure that I cut them and bring them along. An idea of what I'm going to bring can be seen on my decal site, http://www.i2k.com/~schwarzd/
Do you have any of the current small black stars for the middle of the bumper? Also how much for bumper numbers such as "101ABN 5/8FAR and C19" for a deuce. I think it is 3 inch and the same for a Cucv except change the c19 for C5. I think they are 2 inch.

Thanks
Chuck
I'll PM you a price, I assume you would like the numbers in flat black to match the star? I'll make them in to little kits with both front and rear bumper #'s and 2 3" stars for you.

citizensoldier

Just returned from the Hillman show. It was a good one and I will post some pictures later. We chatted about the Clare show and remember to tell everyone that might have forgot its been move back one week. The good thing about doing this is now some vendors from Ohio are coming and the Kubelwagon guys can make the show too. This one should be even bigger from the rumblings around camp this weekend. Cant wait!! See you all there.

67Beast

citizensoldier said:
Just returned from the Hillman show. It was a good one and I will post some pictures later. We chatted about the Clare show and remember to tell everyone that might have forgot its been move back one week. The good thing about doing this is now some vendors from Ohio are coming and the Kubelwagon guys can make the show too. This one should be even bigger from the rumblings around camp this weekend. Cant wait!! See you all there.
It's been moved back from the 17th - 19th, or it has been moved back to the week of the 17th and 19th from were it has been in pervious years? I hope it's still the 17th - 19th because that's when my vaction is for!

citizensoldier

August 17-19, 2007 General Jim's Surplus: Clare, MI

This is the 11th Annual event for Great Lakes Chapter, and it continues to grow in both

the number and quality of the vendors AND the vehicles. Widely discussed on the SteelSoldiers website, the show takes place in front of General Jim's located next to Jay's Sporting Goods in Clare, Michigan, 1 mile north of the north Clare Old 27 Exit.
Besides the vehicle display and swap meet, there is also a Silent Auction Saturday evening and a Sunday Breakfast for members and vendors.

Swap meet spaces are free to Great Lakes Members, while non-members pay $15.00.

(Annual membership in GLMVPA is $15.00.) Vendor Set-up is anytime after 11:30 a.m. Friday, 17 August. Free primitive camping for vendors and members bringing vehicles or military displays. Restaurants and lodging only one mile away.

contact the Clare Chamber of Commerce

at (989) 386-2442

Traditionally, the Michigan Museum of Military Transport has set up as vendors only,

with members' vehicles intermingling in the display with those of other GL members. For the 2007 show, their GP Medium Tent display and arrangement of MMMT member vehicles for a coordinated public display is being set up.

No live firearms or ammo allowed.

MMMT Event Coordinator is Clint Barber at (989) 828-5651

GLMVPA Coordinator is John McEntire at (517) 522-8684

Jeff Yost, General Jim's - (989) 386-5425
General@GeneralJims.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks