• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Clare MI Show Aug. 17-19th 2007

kc8sfq

Howdy all 'a y'all
I hope to be leaving for Clair early tomorrow (fri) I'll be up late looking for all that stuff I thought I put away so I could find it. Jean and Sprocket will be joining us. Jean will be quilting most of the day Sat. so any of the ladies (guys too) are encouraged to stop in and have a look at some of the quilts that will be going to Walter Reed Hosp later in the year.

I'm taking the trusty old M-37 again. Hope to arrive early afternoon Fri.

For the Hams out there, We'll be monitoring the W8HVG linked repeater system.

KC8SFQ

CCATLETT1984

My uncle and I are heading up tomorrow night, we'll be coming up in his f150. My cucv just isnt ready for that long of a haul. I need to work out any bugs post-turbo install before making that long of a trip.

BMS07

Me and the wife are makeing the drive over fri. night. Is the show hard to find in clare?
Some tips on how to get there would be nice.

Directions

From the North on US 27, get off at the first Clare exit. Turn left under the freeway, and go 1 mile North to Jay's Sporting Goods/General Jim's Surplus and some motorcycle dealership. Corner of Surrey Rd and Old 27 North. The MV show will be at the far end of Jay's parking lot.

From the South, on US 27or US 10, get off at the last Clare exit. Turn left at the bottom of the ramp, then right onto Old 27. Again 1 mile North.

If you're coming from Ludington area (and the ferry), East on US 10, follow BR US 10 into Clare, turn Left (North) onto BR US 27 in downtown, and it's about 2 1/2-3 miles North to Jay's.

67Beast

I packed most of everything I needed so that I can roll out sat. morning at 7:00. I'll be rolling east along US 10 most all the way. I'll run the back roads over from my house to Baldwin to pick up US 10 then roll east. I'm hoping to make Clare around 9:30 or so. It takes me 1hour 45 minutes to get there in a car, so I'm figuring 2 and a half in the deuce pulling a trailer with the M715 on it. See everyone there.

kc8sfq

hey Big"B":
I got those forms today. If you read this before I see you ....Thanks.
Even if you don't read this before I see you..... Thanks anyway.

See you at Clair.

KC8SFQ

Rattlehead

I am leaving from work today in the 5 ton, stopping at a friend's place in Midland for the night, going to Clare on Saturday maybe noonish. 5 ton at work with Lane's trailer, taking up 4 parking spaces! :lol:

Armada

Got home without incident also. Great time seeing everyone again. We need more MI events. Anybody got pics to post? Dave, you need to show your latest beast.... It is awesome!!!

ida34

I did get home. No more problems with the axle vents? I took a few pics and video. I will post when I can.

Chuck

houdel

Well, I made it up there for part of Saturday, along with my 7 year old co-driver. He made a big hit in General Jim's. As we were checking out, the cashier asked if I had brought a vehicle to the MV show. As it happened, my Deuce was clearly visible through the front window and I pointed it out to her. She turned to my son and asked him if he was going to drive a Jeep when he got bigger. He replied "That's not a Jeep, that's a Deuce". Everbody within hearing range cracked up!

I did meet up with ida34, citizensoldier, DaveP and 67Beast at least, probably a few others I did not recognize. Here are a few pics I took. Another SS member (maybe Rattlehead?) had a M935 tractor there but I did not get a pic of it. He had the hood up when I was looking at it so I figured I'd get a pic later, when I came back it was gone.

Attachments

Was rolling home down 127 when my daughter spotted John McEntyre walking along the road towards another truck. Pulled over and we spent an hour getting a GLMVPA member's civvy vehicle running. We had four vehicles spread out over 1/2 mile on the side of the road. Got a lot of walking exercise. Made it home okay afterwards. Had a great time. Will post some pics soon.

Armada

Hey Dave, had a great time convoying up together! Wish we could have drove back together too.
Greats pics Lee. That is Ted Gates Hummer and my M35 in the next picture. We talked for a few minutes in the morning. Your copilot was showing and telling me all about his dart gun.. :)

67Beast

I made it home just fine. Had a some clutch slippage on some of the bigger hills, so I had to baby it a little bit to keep from smoking it. Luckily Pierre Jalving has a new clutch and pressure plate that he's bringing me at the Silver Lake show next month. I should be able to baby the truck for the next few weeks to make it last until he brings it up. It was good to meet up with everyone there and put some faces with all the names. I picked up a few bits and pieces around from the vendors. Not stuff I needed, but was just too good to pass up. I took tons of pics, but also missed getting Rattlehead's tractor. He had it parked right next to me and I spent too much time drooling on it to take a pic.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks