• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Clare MI Show Aug. 17-19th 2007

67Beast

I knew that the GLMVPA had it posted on thier site that it was this weekend, I just thought you had heard that something had changed. I did so looking and I see that some Great Lakes members are bent because Clare now falls on the same weekend as the Woodward Dream Cruise. I say so what, the cruise is aimed at people in muscle cars and hot rods, not guys driving Army trucks. Yeh, we are all gearheads, but where is your priorities. I get bigger kicks out of green iron, so I'm going to Clare.

Once again looking to see any interest in convoying either friday afternoon or early saturday from Macomb County (Detroit) area. I 69 to 127 and up to Clare. Does anyone know if the road in front of gen. jims is still blocked off?

citizensoldier

We had some discussion about the car show concern. Does not bother me at all. There are only so many weekends in the summer. If it will bring more of the M heads to the show it is a good decision. Funny I never even heard of the Woodward show.. :shock:
I love to here them roar and alway take a look at a nice old car but never had any use for something that didnt do a little work and was not 4 wheel drive. Function before fation for me.. But anyway you cant make everyone happy all of the time and I feel it was a good decision. We will now have some cool German vehicles at the show along with more vendors which = more parts we are all looking for. :D

ida34

I am going 69 to 127 on Saturday. I get on 69 in Howell. I am not sure of what time. The deuce has another axle leak so the cucv will be going.

ida34

Some people will do anything to raise their post numbers. I made a mistake in my earlier post. I am running 96 to 127.

Chuck

citizensoldier

Man no respect ida!!! I pushed the button once.. It locked up and bang they were all over the place? The site is having some issues right now I talked with mangus and Kenny a little bit in the chat before it knocked me off of that.. I dont feel the love bro!.. :D

CCATLETT1984

Lane, if you click the little X on your post it will delete it for you, so then everyone wont see your double post.

The m1008 is almost together. Turbo is in. I need to put some flex pipe in for the crossover to get it to an exhaust shop so they can fab me one (the one i have isnt even close to fitting.)
I am ordering the other two new tires today, so they should be here on wed. I'll most likely just be up for saturday morning, since i havent been able to find anyone to cover my 4p-2a shift.

TedG

I will be heading up Friday morning around 9am straight up 127 from Lansing. I will have my M1037 hmmwv with CDN101 trailer or Lane's water trailer in tow...depends on Joel's schedule Thursday. The cdn101 is for sale! Lots of od parts to be offered!

Lane, I will bring your tranny and glass and as stated...hopefully your water trailer (which is quite nice!).

Longest one way trip in the hmmwv, should be a blast. New rear half shafts, new input seals, full lube, oil/filter change and manuals w/tools!

Weather is supposed to be in low 80's day and 55-60's nights!

ida34

citizensoldier said:
Uhhhh. dont see any little X.. what am I missing besides brain cells?
I think the x goes away after someone else posts. Since I posted right after you I don't think the x was an option. See you at Clare.

TedG

67Beast,

Can you make white vinyl lettering, 2" tall, normal spacing:

T. Gates

I would like to put it on my windshield...

Last night was right front tie rod ends replacement. Now I can start packing the truck and trailer with parts, tools and things to sell to support my habbit!

Regards,

67Beast

Getting close, I have the decals for Chuck, Paul, and Ted all ready. Anyone else for decals, LAST CALL! Need to know by thursday 3:00 to get them done and pack for the trip to Clare.

BMS07

How does the clare chow compare to the iola show? I went to the iola show and was thinking about comeing over to the clare show.

ida34

I like the Clare show but I have never been to Iola to compare. I may try to come up on Friday and camp overnight. Anyone else stay over night on Friday?

Chuck

TedG

I have been to Iola around 4 times and that is a great show. The GLMVPA Clare Show started small but I believe it is on the way to become a Iola size show. There is always some very good deals to be had and more and more vehicles arrive each year. I also think that this great site and other mv sites help a lot with getting the word out.

Last year I spent Friday night on site and it was fun...this year I am staying Friday and Saturday night as well as others! Talk about one of the ultimate man caves...sleeping in your mv!

See you there!

Regards,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks