• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Clare MI Show Aug. 17-19th 2007

TedG

Hi Everyone,

I finally got to put some faces with names at Clare! There were some really nice trucks and a few jeeps, some for sale. I had a great time and sold most everything! I took a few pictures including rainy Sunday! The other humvee is Joel Gardner's.

Auburn IN is the next close meet in September...will find out exact date.

Attachments

This was a great show. Lots of trucks and vendors! Got to convoy up with Armada. Two Vietnam era deuces. We got a lot of waves along the way. I had a conversation with someone about oil pressure and not trusting my gauge, which I thought was reading low. Tested it with a good gauge at the test port when I got home and found 30lbs at idle and 80lbs at at 1800RPMs. I was happy to see that. Calling White Owl today for new gauge and sender.

citizensoldier

Thats real good news Dave. Your previouse readings were something to be concerned about.. Thats to nice of a truck to need a heart transplant..
Show was a very good time. I was hoping for more vendors and parts but still found some great deals on things I had been needing.
We did have allot of trucks this year but strangely there was allot of the regulars that didnt bring vehicles this year? Must be a gas price thing?
Thank you to everyone for coming and hope to see you all next year. You GLMVPA and MMMT members dont forget about the trail ride in Sept.. If your not a member of either just show up at the trail ride and we will make you one. :driver:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those ambulances you didn't know the "M" number of are M725s, like mine. I like that one, looks like someone adapted HMMWV rims and tires for it!

citizensoldier

Yes maddawg.. He had spacers on the hubs.. I think he machined them himself but not sure. I talked with the guy and was going to find out more but we were off to other subjects. Both of those M725's are running some very healthy sounding 454's with 400 turbo trans.. Very cool and nice work .

maxim

Made it home fine. Only after a wheel seal replacement with help from Opie, DaveP and Citizen Soldier. Thanks guys again. Not so for some poor vacationer though on M-115, put thier truck and trailer into the swamp halfway between Cadillac and Claire. The south bound traffic was bumper to bumper from 2 miles north of Mitchell State park to US-10, nearly 40 miles on the 2 lane. Good thing I was going north....

67Beast

Yep, with the 3 M725s and my M715 that had to be the second largest class of vehicles there behind M35 based vehicles. I did not manage to get a pic of jfnemt1ff1's super nice M725 before he pulled out to run down to Woodword.

Rattlehead

Had a great time at the show. We also convoyed a half dozen or so trucks to the local pizza joint and nearly filled the parking lot and surrounding area. Didn't get too many pictures but here's a few.

Slept in the cab of the tractor Sat night. That wide cab is a definite improvement but I was still missing my van box!

Attachments

someone needs to post a pic of Rattleheads cool 900!! like an idiot i left my camera at home in the rush to get going. wouldn't matter much as i cant figure out how to post them here anyways :( and I'm sure the rest of the members will share some of there's with me?

citizensoldier

My pictures.. kind of the same as everyone else

I was slacking in the picture taking category also.

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: My pictures.. kind of the same as everyone else

Wow, great pics guys! Thanks for sharing them here!

citizensoldier

If you look real close you can see the front end of Rattleheads 900 series between my M109 and 67beast's deuce on picture 007! How did we all miss taking pictures of it? Drool on the lense maybe? That was very impressive to see driving around. Can you say road trip Dave P? .. Hmmmm on the hunt!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is that bigbee's old M275 and M146? Let me tell you folks, I've drove rattleheads M932A2, it's sweet!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh, thats right! Old age!!!! Is the 275 and 348 still around MI? You know what? Pierre Jalving has a deuce tractor, bet it belongs to him! I heard he was at the show.

citizensoldier

Thats Bigbee's old M275 with a fresh Clint B rattle can spruce it up paint job.. The M146 is a later CS find out of Indiana.. The M348 or "fungus trailer" we call it rofl is being retrofitted with a sand blasting unit.
Clint put a power press in the cab and straightened the hard top. Its not perfect but made it a nice 10 footer as some would say in the model building world.
Makes a great camper..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks