• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV-II, South Florida Rebuild

mangus580

Sweet!!

Personally I wish the previous owner of my Burb had put in a 0-15 or 0-20 PSI boost, and not a 30.

Are you thinking of putting the fuel gauges before and after an aftermarket filter? or stock. I plan to replace/upgrade the lift pump on both my 6.5's, and also put a 30 micron filter in prior to the lift pump.

Stonepicker1

Mike.
I bought a new stock filter.(see picture) I almost went with the "airdog system, but a little to much $$$.
I was planning on putting a fuel gauge before the filter to see my pump pressure and a gauge after the filter to see when my filter needs to be changed.

Still looking at which name brand AC compressor to get.

OBDII should be here in a few days.:)

Stonepicker1

Just bought a new, Autometer 4961, Ultra-lite II fuel pressure gauge with sender for $ 163.95 off eB*y. Best price I found out there.

I'll hook the sender up between the filter and injector pump and the gauge on the dash. Should have it by next weekend.

I also went tire shopping. Tire Ki*gdom wanted $1,075.00 for 4 Mich LTX M/S, LT245/75R16E.
Cost*o gave me a price for the same tires at $810.00.

Thinking of going with LT265/75/16E if they will fit.

Stonepicker1

Got my 2-1/16 Ultra-lite II, LED gauges today: One each: Fuel Pressure #4961. A Diesel pack #4901 with one each: Pyrometer, Trans Temp, and Boost.

Still waiting on the three gauge A-Pillar(looks like Monday) and looking for a holder for the fuel gauge.

Attachments

ryan77

I drilled and tapped mine, right after i did mine i found about the boost bolt!!! u can get a 1/4 ip tap from any plumbing supply house dont use a bolt tap its not tapered and will leak!!!

Stonepicker1

Thanks BigDuck,
I just got my A-Piller today for my Autometer gauges and the turbo boost bolt also. Plan on installing them in next few days(if it stops raining). Need to paint the piller light gray(it's black now).

Any SS win the CUCV-II out on CA last week?

Stonepicker1

Had to get a new set of tires today. The old ones were dry rot and the belts came apart inside the tire. I went from Goodyear LT245/75/16E to Michellin LT265/75/16E AT II. Bought 5 tires total at $225 each tire:cookoo: and a $59.00 alignment.

It sure rides nice 8)

Attachments

lavarok

I noticed the towbar and '09 behind the CUCV II...did you towbar an extra vehicle to/from the tire shop so you wouldn't have to wait?

Stonepicker1

I noticed the towbar and '09 behind the CUCV II...did you towbar an extra vehicle to/from the tire shop so you wouldn't have to wait?
Yep, I was at work about 40 miles from home this weekend(mil duty) when the front tires went egg shaped. So I parked the CUCV-II at work and had my wife pick me up. I drove the M1009 to work today and towed it back from the tire store. People said it couldn't be done. lol

Stonepicker1

Question???
Anyone running a PCM upgrade from Health Diesel on their 6.5 turbo ? Looking at the "P-Series" MAX E TORK or "T-Series". Is it worth the $495.00 plus. If I get the T-Series, I'll also get the 4" Super-Flow Exhaust($491.00 plus)
I plan on making a road trip from South Florida to CA with a gooseneck trailer to tow back my new CUCV-II Crew Cab.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks