• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Florida Convoy Thread

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a couple of Gmrs radio I'm bringing. Plan on using them on the way up and on the trails.
My powercoms that I use for intercoms and hearing protection have FRS and GMRS frequencies in them. I have a total of 4 headsets but only 2 have the GMRS frequencies. I'll have a sack of FRS radios as well.

T

televisionman007

i decided to take suburban as m109 will not be ready in 30 days as much as i want it to be so im packing the suburban with plenty of tools water jack and stands breaker bar and whatnot. incse oof breakdown.

FM5332FF

Im not sure if I will be making it to the Ga rally, Im getting married on the 10th and might still have family in town. We will see I guess. If not there will always be the FL rally, and I should have my Unimog ready for the winter rally.

RAYZER

Im not sure if I will be making it to the Ga rally, Im getting married on the 10th and might still have family in town. We will see I guess. If not there will always be the FL rally, and I should have my Unimog ready for the winter rally.
what better place than the ga rally too have the honymoon?

RAYZER

look i sold my duece to a fellow soldier on here and bought a m109. i hope to bring it but if not ill bring my suburban 3/4 ton with plenty plenty of room if anyone wants to ride with me. Ill be with RAYZER and BRENDA hi brenda lol. Ray have u tought brenda to drive yet???????????:deadhorse:
Yes Chriss, Brenda is an expert driver, im going to take a nap and have her wake me up when we get there! oh ya, that cat looks pissed in your avatar!!!

Last edited:

Green_gator

Chris,
Don't worry women understand if you have to leave. I got married on September 12 and left on September 17 and did not see her again until Christmas Eve. If you duck out quickly it avoids all that thank you card writing and other tedious jobs. :grin: Bring her and the 5 ton, grab Vinny's 109 trailer and call it a honeymoon in the "Love Shack"

cessnatwin

So Jack or someone, would you please post the exit we are meeting at, and roughly an area (parking lot big enough to meet in) and are we set for 0900? We need to set up these things ahead of time cause I do not want to play games on that wed! How many people are planning on going and meeting up that will be in civilian vehicles?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Exit number is 329. Once off the exit of you go west there is a truckstop right there, pretty sure it's a Pilot. I'll be there late Tuesday night to grab a few zzzzs before the next leg. Departure time is set for 9AM. I'd suggest getting there not later than 730 if you want breakfast. I don't mind poking along for slow vehicles or roadside repairs, but I'd rather stay on schedule for the departure. If it were me we would have an 8A departure that way we would be rolling by 9. LOL.

Edit, this site says its a travel centers of america. It's the NW quadrant and thats where I'll be!
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=28.874329,-82.093492&spn=0.004885,0.009624&t=h&z=17

Last edited:

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Go west off the exit, T/A will be on the right, Pilot across the street on the left, then past that on the left is the Chrome Shop with a MUCH bigger parking lot.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks