FLU419 SEE HMMH HME Owners group

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

Pinsandpitons

Sounds like the little plastic ball bushing in the top of the transmission has broken. Similar symptoms reported by a number of people with that problem. Sounds like a pretty easy fix if that’s the case.

peakbagger

Considering what the OP (and a lot of prior folks) thought might be wrong, $132 is a cheap fix even if I was off by $118 bucks. I haven't had to install one yet but I have one on inventory.

mberetta

Thanks to everybody that have been helping me diagnose my lack of fuel issues. It was very clear to me that the base was also struggling to find the answer since a lot of the fuel components were unplugged or loose when my SEE arrived.

I think it's just been a combination of several things. Nasty rotten filters, kinked fuel line, bad primer, cracked brass fittings from over tightening. Thanks to the suggestions here I have discovered that the lift pump is bad as well.

New pump has arrived from expedition imports. I was able to find the actual failed component on sites that apparently only sell to retailers. So of course I was disappointed that I had to spend $170 versus probably a couple bucks for the failed piece. I can't wait to install the replacement this weekend and finally be able to bring this beast to life.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Another Ahab

New pump has arrived from expedition imports. I was able to find the actual failed component on sites that apparently only sell to retailers. So of course I was disappointed that I had to spend $170 versus probably a couple bucks for the failed piece. I can't wait to install the replacement this weekend and finally be able to bring this beast to life.
It's a hit, sure, but considering it got your SEE operational?

- Fuhgeddaboutid, we all learn as we go

Glad you got the problem solved. :driver:

mberetta

It's a hit, sure, but considering it got your SEE operational?

- Fuhgeddaboutid, we all learn as we go

Glad you got the problem solved. :driver:
I'm just one who likes to replace the failed component when possible. The cast housing, spring and push rod are all still perfect. Oh well, they're headed for the spare parts bin... ...I mean shed.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

anthkey

I have four tires and rims looking to get rid of! $100 each ...
anybody interested? Great tread... I just upgraded to big mud tires since I’m not taking it on the road ,using it on my 16 acres ... pick up only preferred I will travel 50 miles to meet you ... zip 30040
500D75BE-0CB3-463C-9D7E-442AF1E59231.jpg

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey, For all you HMMH folks out there, how high above ground can you get the hook of the crane?
If memory serves me, max height/reach is 22 feet. Of course, at max extension the stated capacity is only 2,000 lbs.
And I need to go look at the decal and see if that's max height, or the height of the hook. Stay tuned.

hrbergeron

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Used my war digger yesterday to unload a generator out of the back of my 2500. Had to lift it with the backhoe then use the forks. If anyone needs a MEP-003A, this one will be for sale soon.
unimog generator.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks