• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FLU419 SEE HMMH HME Owners group

Another Ahab

New pump has arrived from expedition imports. I was able to find the actual failed component on sites that apparently only sell to retailers. So of course I was disappointed that I had to spend $170 versus probably a couple bucks for the failed piece. I can't wait to install the replacement this weekend and finally be able to bring this beast to life.
It's a hit, sure, but considering it got your SEE operational?

- Fuhgeddaboutid, we all learn as we go

Glad you got the problem solved. :driver:

mberetta

It's a hit, sure, but considering it got your SEE operational?

- Fuhgeddaboutid, we all learn as we go

Glad you got the problem solved. :driver:
I'm just one who likes to replace the failed component when possible. The cast housing, spring and push rod are all still perfect. Oh well, they're headed for the spare parts bin... ...I mean shed.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

anthkey

I have four tires and rims looking to get rid of! $100 each ...
anybody interested? Great tread... I just upgraded to big mud tires since I’m not taking it on the road ,using it on my 16 acres ... pick up only preferred I will travel 50 miles to meet you ... zip 30040
500D75BE-0CB3-463C-9D7E-442AF1E59231.jpg

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey, For all you HMMH folks out there, how high above ground can you get the hook of the crane?
If memory serves me, max height/reach is 22 feet. Of course, at max extension the stated capacity is only 2,000 lbs.
And I need to go look at the decal and see if that's max height, or the height of the hook. Stay tuned.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I remembered correctly, sort of. The 22' is without extending the boom.DSCN2771[1].jpg
And it looks like they're measuring from where the hook attaches, not at the hook itself.

hrbergeron

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Used my war digger yesterday to unload a generator out of the back of my 2500. Had to lift it with the backhoe then use the forks. If anyone needs a MEP-003A, this one will be for sale soon.
unimog generator.jpg

Pinsandpitons

F8AAAD79-578E-40C7-8C14-D2A3E2EFEF49.jpg
Same kinda deal here, not sure how much that blade weighs, but is in the neighborhood of 2200. I recently excavated and moved about 40 yards of material 300 ish feet and it made things much better to leave the backhoe up. The weight of a full loader bucket is nicely counter balanced with a deployed backhoe.

DM3

Name: Darrell Mims
Town: Pattern
State: Maine
email: ​dmims@hughes.net
Phone: upon request
Will send frame No. when on next reply

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
These new posts, combined with my conscience, made me fire up the Winter SEE and move some dirt today. It's been on my mind for a while, because it hasn't been started up since the snow blower came off in...what, March?

Much to my delight, the air pressure gauge still showed 60 psi, and it started instantly. Life is good.

Of course, with a low of 31.1 last night, the next time it gets started could be to put the snow blower back on. Guess I should've just left it on there.DSCN2785[1].jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks