• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GA Meet, Greet, and Eat

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ron lost a tranny, mine ran till it got hooked up to the 819, then like an ornery woman it refused to run with that filthy 819 hooked to the back. I got it to run for about five 3 miles then it backfired and quit again. At this point the cops had been very patient that 2 wreckers had blocked a major road for 4 hours so we called in the big guns

me and Ron are thinking distributor problem

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Home with two FRONT yard works of art, m62 acting like a bad coil, loose wire in distributor, bad hot wire, the 62 when it was pulling the 819, did not even grunt, then she died just like you turned the switch OFF

Last edited:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
To back up a bit in the story, I call AAA to get my towing discount and talk to dispatch, the lady takes all my information and says we are sending out a truck. I told her to send out the big semi tow truck and she says:

"What exactly are we towing?" I explain we have 2 military wreckers hooked together and they weigh about 70,000 lbs. She says:

"I need to talk with my manager, I will be right back" when she comes back she says: "We only pay for passenger vehicles, sorry"

:cookoo::cookoo::cookoo:

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I just want to THANK everybody for making this a SUCCESSFUL meet, great, and eat, had 4 trucks and Swiss 1009, a BUNCH of GREAT people, Hope we can do it again, Thank You all for making this a SUCCESS.

As far as the 819 goes, I was rolling though the light in 3rd, went to shift to 4th -- nothing, no noise, thought the transfer out had dropped, not that, just NO clutch, no slipping. All well I have pulling 5t trans down to a science.

Last edited:

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Man I feel bad, Ron was behind me and when I checked my mirror he was gone, thought he had turned off.

I did turn off, headed to my lz, 10 miles from the lz, the clutch decided NOT to act like a clutch,
You sure have a nice looking truck

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I had a lot of fun, it was nice to get out of the house. I appreciate microjeep's door prizes and 73M819 taking the time to organize this.

My deuce didn't know what to think being that far from home!

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
His wallet got to see it work even better.
Still hate it when there should have been a way to do it without calling in the big guns.

zout

Hey Ron - I have that 1-800 number for learning how to drive trucks if you ever need it - I think that is a record on SS - not only being able to break ONE truck - but breaking TWO trucks in one day - to top it off their both wreckers.
Anytime you want to learn just how to only paint just let me know BRO rofl

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hey guys I thoroughly enjoyed this get together, how about a repeat? Maybe Feb 7th? any takers, suggestions on location or lewd commits?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks