• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GROUP BUY: Deuce rare hood handles f/s

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can we get a picture of a handle? Are the much different that the frame rail handles?
Difference is that OEM hood handles are 3/8" round stock instead of 1/2" and a bit wider, with center to center distance being 5 3/8" vs. 4 1/2" for the frame "handles" or tie downs.
I made my own very close to original specs but reinforcement plates are a little wider... (original is only 1 1/4" width => to much flex IMHO)

Dimensions below........

G.

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Gringltaube. I had not had time to look for the article. The U-bolts will be made to the specs in the article. This is for the U-bolt only! If you decide to add the reinforcement plate the buyer can make that if they desire. 23 are spoken for. 7 to go and i'll place the order then. Payment will be after I get them in my hands. The list is on the first page about the 4th post.

jasonjc

IMO if you are going to go to work of making the u bolts you should go all the way and make a "kit" with the nuts washers and the reinforcement plate. But thats just me.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All right that's 30. I'll send emails to those who are buying when I get them from the manufacturer. I'll order monday, hopefully two weeks after that i'll have them.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is hood handle U-bolt only: 30 gone 0 to GO-BUY CLOSED

HNDRSONJ-5
DUG-2
USMC-320-1
Shootiniron-2
Fuzzytoaster-1
JSBird69-1
DHennon-1
Tahoe-1
Cattlerepairman-3
91W30-2
Ferro-4
SCSG-G4-7
Suggest we lock the thread if the buy is closed.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We reached 30 at the end of the 3rd page. If someone backs out i'll pm you two. Since this is the first time trying this (and it's all out of my pocket) we are stopping at 30 this time.

Crawdaddy

Will there be any possibilities of future group or individual buys for these handles? I didn't jump quick enough and missed out. Thanks!

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can Paypal anytime. Plus I'll add the buck or two so you don't lose due to fees.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks