• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I have joined the Goat herd

combat32

The light green one is locked up and the plate where the e-brake sits is broken, so off to the junkpile it goes, it's a Tooele rebuild, unfixable I think

combat32

You bet, I know RR have rebuilt t-cases still in the box, thinkin about buyin one just to put back. Eventually I will get the rear end out of that parts truck, that's about all that's left there worth gettin.

Here is the defrost duct, you should be able to straighten her out a bit.

Attachments

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad to see you guys are both making progress. I'm delivering mine to it's new owner on Saturday. Another retired Army NCO who drove them in Germany and is under the assumption that'd it'd be fun to work on one :)

combat32

Just got off the phone with my engine guru, head is done and ready to go back on.
May have a running engine soon!

Needless to say I am kinda excited,:p

combat32

Well my friend and I both got busy, then I got sick with pneumonia, now problem number 467, seems like my head bolts may be stretched out, gonna torque one and see if it's gonna be too long, may have to buy new ones.

Anyone know off the top of your head the torque on the head bolts?

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well my friend and I both got busy, then I got sick with pneumonia, now problem number 467, seems like my head bolts may be stretched out, gonna torque one and see if it's gonna be too long, may have to buy new ones.

Anyone know off the top of your head the torque on the head bolts?
Glad you're feeling better. I was down probably 8 of the last 10 weeks so know it sucks being sick.

Goat head is 170-180. I know that as my torque wrench only went to 150 and had to borrow one.

m38inmaine

Good luck Tom, standing by. I don't see anything in the manual about them being a one time use, it does suggest lubing the threads and under the head of the bolt.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks