• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I want a deuce

Yohan

preacherboy,

My advice is to always relate a purchase like this to the Mrs. as an investment. List for her the multiple returns on your investment in as many areas as you can think of. Incorperate its ownership in areas she is interested in eg; camping, back-roading, love-making, restortion work, ZED defense, MV shows... OK, maybe I took it too far. Good luck!

jdmcgowen

Man you already drove one. There is no turning back now. You caught the green bug. Tell her you'll be miserable the rest of your life with out it. Tell her you can make money with it. Pulling out trees, hauling dirt etc. pulling people out when stuck, Hauling lumber to build her a new greenhouse.

armadillofz1

i can't relate. i told my wife that i wanted one and she said ok. told me to sell one of my motorcycles and go buy one. SHE found me one on ebay and the rest is history. (maybe she sees it as a way to keep me out of her hair). same wife that bought me a .45 for our 2nd wedding aniversary, and a motorcycle for one of my birthdays. yeah, she's a keeper. just buy the truck, life is too short.

PorscheTech911

I told my fiance I wanted a tank and she said as long as she gets her Aston Martin, she will buy the tank for me. She said I can have any toy I want as long as I sleep in her bed and stay out of the flowers! :D she's mine and she's keeper!!!

gunboy1656

GO, get the truck. BUY the camera on the way, STOP at the local furniture shop get the most comfy couch they have and enjoy. In time she wont care about you having the truck.

zb39

My wife could care less what I buy anytime. of course we have been together for 24 years. Her friends actually bitch about all my stuff but she says nothing. I tell her friends that everybody has a hobby. a lot of my friends chase women, i choose to chase army trucks, that makes them think......:-D

waayfast

Tell her that if your broke, spending all yer free time working on the wagon at least she will know where you are at all times.Sometimes when I get crabby when things aren't going right, trying to keep up with all this iron, I tell the GF "Shoot!, maybe I oughta change hobbys---maybe get into illicit drugs and hookers--just might be cheaper and less of a headache":-D. (Her--I DON'T THINK SO---NOW GET OUT THERE AND BUST SOME KNUCKLES:evil:!) (Me --yes dear:wink:)
Oh yeah--speaking of zombies-has anyone come up with a viable design for a zombie catcher for the front of these trucks?? You know--kinda like a cowcatcher on a locomotive?? Could be a market there ya Know:-D.

airmech3839

I told my fiance I wanted a tank and she said as long as she gets her Aston Martin, she will buy the tank for me. She said I can have any toy I want as long as I sleep in her bed and stay out of the flowers! :D she's mine and she's keeper!!!

Thats funny right there!!!!!:nothingfunny:rofl

My wife wasnt thrilled about mine...but she has since been ever more happy with the purchase!!! Finding a buddy with an oil change shop and a buddy that has old cooking oil has helped my case too....I have yet to buy fuel for the truck this month and I drive it everyday to work!!!!! If you take care of it it will be a good ride... and it is more forgiving than a gas engine truck in many areas!! The best excuse I used by far was the camping one!! Got the cargo cover and bows and we are set for the woods anytime!!

tracy

Mt Doom Field Owner

You could try the "Old Retired Patriot" approach... most women will assign feelings and emotions to inanimate objects like flowers, cars, stuffed animals and such... you start by telling her these old Army trucks deserve a nice place to spend their last years. After serving our country tirelessly with years of dedicated and hard service they should be given a respectful retirement home with someone that will love them and take care of them. Why, this old army truck could have saved the lives of countless servicemen during her career! Tell her that in return the "Old Girl" will give her all to do whatever is asked of her and will become a devoted and invaluable family member for years to come. If you can get your eyes to tear up while giving this speech all the better and dab at them with a kleenex and sniff some for best effect. You can even offer to let your wife NAME the new family member but be prepared to live with this if she takes liberty but regardless you'd have the truck none-the-less!!! Good luck!

My wife was very supportive and actually seemed to enjoy my excitement and the joy I experienced when I bought the deuce and when I take it for drives or tinker with it. When you get it try not to back over her gardening wheelbarrow with it... not a pretty sight! :-D

Last edited:

Preacherboy

Guys, I really appreciate all your responses! I am trying some of them on her and making deals to round up the money. It might take a few months, but she might come around, but keep the ideas rolling in.

dittle

Did your wife take a ride in the truck when you were out????? Another thing to do is find someone going to a parade with a Deuce and have her take a ride in it then, she'll be amazed at the attention the OD brings.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks