• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I'm looking at getting the big bad 10ton. . .

chevycrew

I wish I had the drive you do, post up a thread that you want a certain truck....

Then 2 days later there is pics of a beautiful 10 ton that was listed a month before on ebay for $28,500

Also to purchase the replacement motor, before the truck....dang...

Wish I had the cash to throw around....

But I do want to see build pics, and more of the truck when you get it home...

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I just saw the new listing. Re-listed for a BIN price of $1000 more than the last time!

A fish eh? Maybe a big stinky RED herring!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's amazing what a couple of good ole boys with green blood can turn up in a few minutes. The next days installments to this thread should be interesting. Oh BTW, I'm working on getting that POS winch out of your driveway.

chevycrew

Hmmmm what will tomorrow bring??? The other thread seems like it is more concerned about the number of replies and just trying to get a rise out of people.

Quote from other thread...

252 View's not bad only 17 post's but i guess there isn't much too say about a non-bolter. . .wait till it's all repianted wheel's are cromed, and the dual stack and air cleaner's are all shined up. . . I'm doing a start to finsh photo scrap book i'll posted it when truck is completed. . .

dma251

Darn it! I was just starting to like Mike...... I guess this shouldn't come as any surprise.

You gotta admit - since you guys broke me of my car-crushing ways we've been lacking a little excitement around here....

I kinda liked it. It was entertaining...

54reo

mike said:
What would i need that for ? this truck don't seem fazed at all by hualing a D11R CAT it's when you try put 2 of them on her back she get's slugish. . .But the KT-cummin's should fix that. . . the old 903 is a bit tired. . .
why keep the tired 785CID-V8 that knowen to fial when i could replace it with an 1150CID I-6 Knowen to never wear out. . . I don't really need more power I don't haul anything with it really. . . i have move 3 D11R CAT's one load of 1 and second load of 2! dude gave me $750 a mechine to go half a block. . .

It's more of a show and shine deal. . . conversation piece. . .tho I would like to get it Muddy just once just see waht it could DO !

Mike

A quote from the "stovebolt" site by Mike. One D11R is 248,600 pounds! Two at a time, huh?

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Well we couldn't save the trencher in Temple with a group buy do you think we could raise $30K in a few days to save this one?

It looks to me like the guy selling this picked it up cheap somewere and is now trying to make Christmas spending money look what he wants for an M 911!

I think the thread needs to have a link to the thread that was about one of our members going out with other members help to recover one of these with his wrecker and he posted excellent videos of it too. That is the way this project should proceed. I think the one on ebay would go to a company that wants the awesome look and power of the truck as it sits now. It could be written off in a couple of years and the only mod required would be two magnetic signs.

TheBuggyman

Sorry, I'm chiming in.......

I call BULL****n on this one. Sorry guy, you sound like a disgruntled teenager who dropped out of school.( Probably the reason for your split with your dad....)

There are too many people here with their finger on the pulse of the OD community and you have been found out, I do not believe that this thread should be given any more attention.

Good day.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are too many people here with their finger on the pulse of the OD community and you have been found out, I do not believe that this thread should be given any more attention.
I'd like to hear his response . I found the thread quite entertaining myself. Maybe he has every intent on buying that truck and just forgot to mention it's not his yet. Maybe he does have a nice trailer that can haul 500,000# of CAT power. No offense to my good friend David Doyle but I was quite amused when Mike started throwing stones at David about not knowing what he was talking about. I would have started hurling stones back but the southern gentleman that David is, he just corrected the chap and carried on. On the other site he was bragging about dragging the CATs, here he was happy just to drive the truck as is to see if he liked it. Look at the bright side here. One it gets Damon out of the hot seat and folks can flame this guy for a while and two, since he appears to be a bloviator, I doubt that he has the resources to chop up a perfectly good truck. As for me, my next project is going to be a chopped, channelled and sectioned 69 Hurst AMX with VW power for fuel economy! With the relative low power and pitiful dependability of the 390 Rambler motor, the VW is very appealing.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
To answer your question Kenny, the rears on a ten ton are Mack SWD321 axles, the front is a FA491 - which is based on the FA49. The rears are a 9.02 ratio. The front carrier has a 3.92 ratio, with further reduction at the knuckles - don't ahve that number handy.

I'm not inclined to speculate that he doesn't own a ten ton - he coulda picked those photos as examples. Or Oshkosh could be using them as representative (kinda like DRMO used to do) - and, on principle, I just don't speculate on someone's honesty without absolute facts to back up my position.

Kenny, my momma would be pleased to hear you refer to me as a "southern gentleman" - most of my friends would be shocked! - and not about the southern part :)

Regards,
David

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Well guys, his first post says he would like to get a 10 ton tractor. No I don't think he owns one yet. I learned about an internet term called "troll". It is where someone goes to a site to stirr up a bunch of crap. The only way to tell if he isn't one is for him to go ahead and buy the truck, then post up as the mods take place. I guess we'll see how this pans out in due time.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
On this thread he says he does not have one yet but on the other forum he said it was his. :shock: