• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Louisiana Rally '11

What design should be on the LA Rally '11 T-shirts?

• Connie driving MV w/ LA theme

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Connie parachuting to LA Rally

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Postcard w/ Connie on Deuce hood

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lady_green

A friend of mine who is a local artist and I have been trying to get some ideas together.

First of all, this year's design is centered around (drum roll) CONNIE RODD!

(1) Our first design idea was Connie in some sort of a MV and theme Louisiana around it. Such as using Mardi Gras, pelicans, and all things that can only be found here.

(2) Secondly, we thought it would be really neat to have Connie parachuting to the LA Rally and have a swamp at the bottom. Upon seeing the pics, my dad suggested putting some MVs around the swamp. Other LA ideas will be incorporated into the final T-shirt image.

In case those two were no good - (3) A postcard type thing with Connie on the hood of a Deuce and have some other stuff on it.

Once she started on the sketches, she decided it would be great to have a military crawfish on the pic. So I think he should stick because I like him. lol

If no idea looks good, we will start over on something that will interest everyone. I didn't realize an option for none of the above so the poll is biased. If you do not like any design, just post below and I will average it in as well. Sorry everyone!

I figured I would leave it up to everyone here to decide the final picture for t-shirts. The images I posted are just rough drafts so everyone can have idea of where we are going and what we are planning to do. If anyone has any ideas, we are totally open! I opened a poll so everyone can vote. It will be open for 10 days so vote now! Greatest percentage wins.

*Please note that Options 1 & 2 are going to be full back images (like a poster) while Option 3 will be shorter much like a postcard.

I hope this is ok!

Attachments

Last edited:

lady_green

Lots of new information!
T-shirt info...
Please be patient with me. I can't give an exact pricing yet until I know how many shirts I need. That means - if you like the design, let me know you want a shirt (how many, sizes). Once I know how many I need and get my pricing done, I will post what it is. If you decide it's not worth it, then I will delete you from the list I make. I'm sorry I can't give definite answers yet.

Here are my thoughts on the shirts. First yr was green. Last year was tan. This year, should I do another green or should I do black? The back of the shirt will be full color so I'm leaving this up to everyone. I will open another poll after we decide what design works to do color of shirt, etc.

That leads me to what I need from everyone. IF you want a shirt, I WILL NEED your first and last name, your steelsoldiers screen name, how many shirts you want, and the sizes. This will make it easier to find you if I need to ask a question. It also cuts down on my confusion.

MVs?
I also need some more information - I need to know who is going to bring a MV. We are expecting new people and more vehicles so we need to be prepared. We need to plan out the yard configuration. Once again, full name, screen name, and type of vehicle!
*If you are driving a regular civilian vehicle, then please disregard this. You don't have to tell me you are not driving or bringing a MV.

General information..

-I'm going to make a map for everyone and post so if you need directions, this will be your guide.
-I'm going to make 2 more posters to further help everyone find the location.
-I need to know who is coming what days so I can compile a guest list so everyone know how much food to bring, etc. So please let me know in the next couple weeks!

Food!
-I'm going to get that guest list out to everyone as soon as I know so everyone will know how much to bring. We please ask that everyone bring something! We put the food all together to form our meals. That way it doesn't fall on one person to supply everything. I'm doing everything all at once for my own ease.

Please get back to me on all this info ASAP! Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

off_sho_cajun

Do u need all of our info even if we don't plan on bringing a mv? I am new to this and just want to meet people and ask alot of questions. I feel this would be an excellent time to gain some knowledge before I buy my first deuce.

lady_green

off_sho_cajun: I'm sorry. I think I edited my last post after you commented.
I do need info on what days you plan to attend. I also will need what you would like to bring as far as food items go. I also need info if you plan on buying a shirt.
If you have any questions about the rally or what we do during a rally - please feel free to ask away! You can also email me too if you don't want to post on here.

mattgw86

Man... I'm working days that weekend. I should be able to swing by in the evening though. Still no MV yet, but if all goes well, I'll be a homeowner and Ponchatoula resident by then though. I'll definitely be in for a T-shirt, whatever the design. In fact I'm wearing my shirt from the first La rally right now.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Personally I like last years shirts but i'd alter to green this year. I have one of the connie shirts from the GA rally a few years ago but I never wear it because everyone always asks dumb questions about it (did you get that at a strip joint etc..).

lady_green

@mattgw86: I love that avatar! Haha That's me everyday all day long!
I'm sorry to hear about you having to work! Congrats on the prospect of home buying & being a resident up here! We hope to see you by in the evening! Please provide the information I need for the shirt please! :)

@Mr. Jim: I forgot to mention this above. I knew I forgot something.
We are doing a "modern" Connie, not a "pin-up style" Connie. Clothes-wise, for her on the hood and her driving a Deuce and LA Theme, she will be in button-down military style shirt and khakis or something of the same nature. I don't it to feel like a "I bought this at a strip club" or "I bought this on Bourbon" shirt. For parachuting, I had a Tomb Raider idea w/ boots, camo pants, & a tank top. Same clothing can apply w/ this design idea too.

off_sho_cajun

I just got to my desk and looked at my scheduale and realized i will be offshore. I was so excited though when i went to bed last night thinkin i was going to be able to make it. I want to meet u guys and i have so many questions, his would have been perfect!!

jluv1185

Hey Jess, can I have the same spot I had last year for my camper? It was perfect! I'll be driving my f250 again since the deuce doesn't have a hitch yet.

jluv1185

I may bring the popup the weekend before when I come to help setup. If that would be ok with you? Then I could drive my deuce to the rally, and since my parents are gonna show up sunday anyway, my dad can pull the camper home...what you think?

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
yes you could have room to ride it around the neighborhood.. its a dead in road and everyone ride up and down it on golf carts and 4wheelers.

lady_green

Hiii. We are approaching the last month before the rally! How exciting. :)
Due to time constraints, we are not using the design voted on above. Instead, we will be using last year's design again with minor tweaking.
The shirt colors are military green with white writing. The front will read STEEL SOLDIERS above the left breast. The back will say:
KEEP 'EM ROLLING
[ TRUCK IMAGE ]*
LOUISIANA RALLY 2011
PONCHATOULA
*The truck image is a Deuce outline. I don't have a picture to share, sorry.

Prices: S-XL are $15; 2XL and 3XL are $17. I am giving everyone 2 weeks to let me know if you want a shirt. I will PLACE the ORDER on April 13, 2011. All I need is username, real name (so I can correlate to username), what size(s), and how many. Payment options: CHECK OR CASH. I will need payment before the rally please!
Our address is: 41085 Holland Rd, Ponchatoula, LA 70454

If there are issues or questions, please feel free to email/message me.

Thanks!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks