• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Louisville Ky bound!

JCKnife

I would like to thank all involved here. I've made a decision today based solely on this thread. After seeing the pic of all y'all manipulating that front axle with 2 engine cranes, reckon I'll keep my M108A2. Hey Gimpy! Long live the "C"!
Unfortunately no one got pics of the operation to get a rear axle, with wheels and tires, into the bed-on-top-of-the-bed on Gimpy's deuce.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
C turbo > D turbo

But if you don't see the light, I'll happily trade you a D for the C 8)

Thanks G!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
No worries, I got a brandy new D turbo from ATD @ the ga rally. If my girlfriend wasn't here, I would be putting it on RIGHT NOW! Its more the fact that they dont put out as much air as the D, I really had to watch my pyro closely. I still plan on getting that k-boom, just haven't had time yet.

Jakob

It took us maybe 15 minutes to unload everything from my buddies F250. We went straight off the bedside with it. The slope of the parking lot where the parts truck was at wouldn't have allowed us to do that. A big thanks to JC and Gimpy.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No worries, I got a brandy new D turbo from ATD @ the ga rally. If my girlfriend wasn't here, I would be putting it on RIGHT NOW! Its more the fact that they dont put out as much air as the D, I really had to watch my pyro closely. I still plan on getting that k-boom, just haven't had time yet.

GR, Have you replaced the turbo with your new "D" turbo yet? I'm assuming you have. Have you driven it much since?

Did the EGTs go back down(proving the D moves more air) and power back up?

Can you feel a difference in power "when you put your foot into it"? Less smoke?

:popcorn:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Most of it is EGT related. Not much power difference, but the EGTs would get much higher much faster with the "C". Yes I put a "D" turbo back on. If you knew my truck, you would know how bad it smokes! The only way to reduce the smoke is to not drive it!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks