• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M 1031 Farm Contact Service Truck

blzrgb

That is a really nice setup !!!
I've had my feelers out for several years for one of those here locally,but i guess the guy will just let it rot instead of selling it. Any idea what that truck weigh's ? I drove my 1008 with 37's over the hyway scales yesterday and it was 6,380 lbs.

12vctd

thats a very nice truck, this is one of my service trucks. a 08 F550 4wd. I love the M1031 but cant find them, I would love to have one for my back woods farm accounts, my 550 weighing just a hair over 18k likes to sink. Great pics, and best of luck to you

Last edited:

jimmy-90

Thats what I call a utility vehicle!!!Im in the process of building up my contact maintenance truck and hope to get it loaded like that some day. I will be useing it as a recovery vehicle,tool and parts carrier,and possibly a tow vehicle some day when I turbo it up. Im building it to support my other mud-boggin truck.

b4thundr

Well the truck worked super during the corn season!! Thanks to all who helped me with info through this site!! Thanks!! this truck is so handy!! and we are NOT going to drive it on the salty roads here in NY!! lol we put it away in the barn!! I will be installing a interior light in the cab over the winter and some more upgrades i'm sure I will post more pics when I do!! Merry Christmas to all!!!!:-D

Last edited:

muddog

We'll be looking for more pics soon. I have a 1031 setting at a friends house I hope to get started on this summer, hope it turns out as nice as yours.

b4thundr

oh I did take one more this was at the end of the corn season....this day the combine WOULD not start!!! it was 7 deg out and the old girl ran the batts dead. So I got the 1031 and fired up the gen, hooked up the batt charger pluged in the engine block heater and waited in the nice warm cab...some time later vavoom the combine was up and running!!! so easy with the right equipment!!! lol !! I also added some mud flaps in the back you can kinda see them in the pic. I will post more later!!

Attachments

Last edited:

b4thundr

thanks guys!!!! I love this site!! lol
Ya know I have always been a die hard ford guy but i have special place in my heart for these trucks!! lol:-D

b4thundr

more work today...

Now that the nasty salt is gone we are using the service truck again!! today a hydraulic line blew on the backhoe, got her out backed her in the mud and went to work!! so when i go to leave to get the line made man o man mud city!! but hey after a few times of back and forth and the mud just a flyin she got her self out!!! gotta love the lockers!! then a little while later building some concret piers we needed the some power for a skill saw and a hammer drill. this truck is so handy!!!

Attachments

b4thundr

Hey y'all update:
I added a remote fill for the fuel tank, little easier to fill, added a vent, but the darn thing still, when it get full sloshes out the vent and the fill when filling. idk what to do other than only fill to 54 gallons. any ideas guys-gals? lol also added some markings military style!! I'm i crazy? [thumbzup]

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks