• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M 1031 Farm Contact Service Truck

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for posting Doug, it's great to see these these cool trucks still working hard. I use mine as much as I can for auto/truck service, carpentry, and whatever!

cucvcan

Have you solved the problem with the diesel sloshing up the vent? Some guys have added expandable diaphrams instead of vents. Sort of like a reverse air tanks in your home plumbing system. I'm assuming you too are on a well and this makes sense??
Love all the pictures. Your making me want a 1031 for my farm. Thanks a lot.

b4thundr

Hey, im still having problem with the vent when the tank gets full it comes out the vent! i need to do something! what is a expandable diaphram?

mark69k20

That is a great setup! My brother and I have been tring to convince our uncle and cousin to buy a contact truck to use the same way up in Madison County NY for years. They have a 1008 and a 1009 they use for misc crap around the farm. I will have to get him to check yours out.... he will want one!

Chief_919

I just picked up the contact body from a HMMWV, with many of the tools.

I can't decide if I am going to try and mount it to a trailer to make a contact trailer or see if someone else wants to mount it on a HMMWV or a flatbed pickup.

Attachments

Chief_919

I really want one of the HMMWV Contact Bodies, where did you get it and if you don't mind could you give me a general price range.

Thanks,

I got it in Columbia- probably swiped it from under your nose.:p

I have seen them sell anywhere from $500-2000 depending on condition, what tools are there and if the compressor is there.

If your interested PM me, I am open to selling it or trading it.....

MitchG

I looked at that body you got there Chief. I would have liked to have bid on it but have too many other projects right now!!! It still had quite a few of the tools in there as well as I could tell when I looked it over. Nice win!! Hey you didn't get any other lots over there did you?

b4thundr

So Today I took the injection pump off the old service truck, the check valve was getting filled quite often. and with the harvest season fast approaching it seams like a good idea to take care of it before we really need it!! the other thing that it was doing was when you were driving down a hill and let off the pedal the pump would provide power! and act like cruise control, so I know that after the fiber ring breaks down it will shear off the rivets and the motor will run away. I think the crank will stay in these motors till about 6 grand!! lol ! not good! so here are some pics of taking the pump off1 It was really not as bad as i though!! I took all of the lines off it really was not that bad at all. we'll see how it goes back on though lol !! I found the rad leaking to darn! gotta get a new one of those!

Attachments

lavarok

So today we had an electrician come up and rewire the 208 45 amp plug to a 220 45 amp plug! so we can plug in the stick welder and power up the farm house when the power goes out!! Also added a volt meter to see exactly whats going on!
Did you guys rewire the generator or just the panel innards?

I know the actual generator can be rewired for single phase as opposed to the stock 3 phase setup.

If only the panel was rewired, you need to watch for out of balance conditions as it may cause some damage to the generator.