• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M 1031 Farm Contact Service Truck

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for posting Doug, it's great to see these these cool trucks still working hard. I use mine as much as I can for auto/truck service, carpentry, and whatever!

cucvcan

Have you solved the problem with the diesel sloshing up the vent? Some guys have added expandable diaphrams instead of vents. Sort of like a reverse air tanks in your home plumbing system. I'm assuming you too are on a well and this makes sense??
Love all the pictures. Your making me want a 1031 for my farm. Thanks a lot.

b4thundr

Hey, im still having problem with the vent when the tank gets full it comes out the vent! i need to do something! what is a expandable diaphram?

mark69k20

That is a great setup! My brother and I have been tring to convince our uncle and cousin to buy a contact truck to use the same way up in Madison County NY for years. They have a 1008 and a 1009 they use for misc crap around the farm. I will have to get him to check yours out.... he will want one!

Chief_919

I just picked up the contact body from a HMMWV, with many of the tools.

I can't decide if I am going to try and mount it to a trailer to make a contact trailer or see if someone else wants to mount it on a HMMWV or a flatbed pickup.

Attachments

Chief_919

I really want one of the HMMWV Contact Bodies, where did you get it and if you don't mind could you give me a general price range.

Thanks,

I got it in Columbia- probably swiped it from under your nose.:p

I have seen them sell anywhere from $500-2000 depending on condition, what tools are there and if the compressor is there.

If your interested PM me, I am open to selling it or trading it.....

MitchG

I looked at that body you got there Chief. I would have liked to have bid on it but have too many other projects right now!!! It still had quite a few of the tools in there as well as I could tell when I looked it over. Nice win!! Hey you didn't get any other lots over there did you?

b4thundr

So Today I took the injection pump off the old service truck, the check valve was getting filled quite often. and with the harvest season fast approaching it seams like a good idea to take care of it before we really need it!! the other thing that it was doing was when you were driving down a hill and let off the pedal the pump would provide power! and act like cruise control, so I know that after the fiber ring breaks down it will shear off the rivets and the motor will run away. I think the crank will stay in these motors till about 6 grand!! lol ! not good! so here are some pics of taking the pump off1 It was really not as bad as i though!! I took all of the lines off it really was not that bad at all. we'll see how it goes back on though lol !! I found the rad leaking to darn! gotta get a new one of those!

Attachments

lavarok

So today we had an electrician come up and rewire the 208 45 amp plug to a 220 45 amp plug! so we can plug in the stick welder and power up the farm house when the power goes out!! Also added a volt meter to see exactly whats going on!
Did you guys rewire the generator or just the panel innards?

I know the actual generator can be rewired for single phase as opposed to the stock 3 phase setup.

If only the panel was rewired, you need to watch for out of balance conditions as it may cause some damage to the generator.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks