• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M109 recovery trip.

phil2968

Well I could not get the start circuit to work on Ricks truck, they still need to be unhooked. I tried to to use a remote starter button but the batteries only had 20 volts, not enough to turn it over. This truck has the old style slave plug and I do not have a adapter. This will have to wait till Rick gets back from Atlanta for the second time this week! We will install the rear driveshaft and pull start it! I think the reason they pulled the rear driveshaft was because the parking brake cable is frozen!

I sweaty, it's hot and the mosquitos are out, I'm going home.:beer:

Katahdin

If truck #333 is like #334, then it won't have a starter relay. My starter button was unreliable until I disconnected it from the dash and needled the female contacts back into position to better connect with the two male prongs.

I noticed the broken tie down hook on the van box, mine was broken at the exact same spot. I wonder what the TN National Guard guys had tied to them, a hammock perhaps?

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good looking truck Rick. Looks like you and Phil had fun. Thanks for posting up the adventure.

Ray

phil2968

Well I got the driveshaft installed and the parking brake released this afternoon. When Rick got home we did a pull start with it and it fired right up! We were able to get them disconnected and my truck back to it's parking place and Ricks truck parked also. He bought a fine truck, so to be a fine trailer. That hook looked like it was sideswiped by something.

So ends our epic road trip, it was a lot of fun!