• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mk48 night mare

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad that it's going to be fixed on their dime! Congrats on the vehicle. I'm green with envy. We'll of course need detailed pics to fawn over.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
mk48 001.jpgmk48 002.jpgThis is a pic of the transfer case tag.It say the rebuild date was 1988,The truck has a rebuild date of 2004.Figure that one out???Also what are these green plastic things on the truck,there are 3 of them ?

PWM

The green thing looks like a RFID tag (radio frequency identification), military version of a tracking and information tag like items at Walmart.

whiskey357

Banned
so when are you going to take the little lady for a ride on the beach...looking good....fun thing someone had a Mk 48 for sale for 24,000 on this site heheheh

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hope all things fall into line and you are able to enjoy your truck!! Thanks for the pics, looks like it is in GREAT shape! (well, except for the non moving part that is, and your gettin that taken care of so,.................... LOL)

God bless,
Tony

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Member Silverstate55 has one unless he sold it already. Can't imagine he has. Sounds to me like it is just misadjusted linkage.
Yup, still got it; member Augdog1964 just inquired about it.

I looked at the HEMTT transfer cases mentioned here; they are almost half the size of the MK48/LVS transfer case...the LVS T/C is HUGE and weighs nearly 1600-lbs!! But my redesigned Deuce tire crane lifted it OK.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks