• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ODDBALLs M109 w trailer

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We are expecting a Blizzard of 10" in the next 24 hours. I will have time tomorrow during the all day storm to remount the jerry cans to the rear mud flaps. Will post pictures of the progress. A/C Links...[thumbzup]

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Today Tom, Derick and I did the final wet sanding and complete wipe off/ blow off in preparation of Sundays paint job. I figured there is a total of 54 hours so far into the prep of this beast.

I went down to Mazza and picked up a large 12oz syringe of 2 part epoxy to seal the LED light brackets on the roof. I epoxied all the mounting brackets, power line holes, TV antenna bracket and incoming cable hole. I have used this epoxy before it sets up in 4 hours for a lifetime.

I covered the engine/radiator/all engine wires with tape and a thick mil plastic. All tires were removed, sand blasted and primed. I spent 3 hours with an air supplied hood on sand blasting the frame, springs, bolts, rims, bumpers, jerry can holders and anything else I could find. I feel like I am doing a Scyros Job on my own truck.

If I have time/access Saturday I am switching the mud flaps around and installing the jerry cans on the rear bumper. Then Sunday it will be time for paint. Pictures to follow.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Spent last week prepping the truck for a fresh paint job.I was lucky and got a good truck from Oddball, Only had 6 rivets that rusted and had to be repaired. Other than that the truck was rust free, not bad since last month was her 40th birthday.

Today was finally time for the first coat. I went from a 3 tone camo Ink blot look back to factory. I still have along way to go but the hard part is done. :eek:

Attachments

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tow4,

I wish, I aspire to have a garage, this project is being done at a neighbors wood heated Pole Barn. He is in the excavating business so he has the big toys and a big garage to put them in. I am a lucky guy to have good neighbors.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Final coat

The final coat is on and dry. The wheels took some time sand blasting but it was worth it. The next set of pictures will be complete.

Then I have to install the DIY rock sliders on the 1028.

Attachments

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks man. I talked to Unclemikey and he gave me permission to use the name INFIDEL he even sent me the vinyl graphics for INFIDEL.

I have it in Arabic and English. Dearborn Michigan has the highest Muslim population in the US so I am going to drive around town for a few hours to raise a few eyebrows,lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks