• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2014 SS Georgia Rally Info SSGR14 thread

andy3

Home safe, dirty, happy and still floating on cloud 9 with my Deuce.
Oddshot, I fall under dead on arrival and running when leaving. I did not hear of any dead trucks leaving the rally.

Gunnermac

Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got home yesterday afternoon with no problems. Thanks to swbradley1, patracy, clinto, and all the people who worked hard to make this the best rally I have attended. Going to start getting ready for next year now, so as not to be in a panic two days before the 2015 rally. Right. Everyone have a safe trip home.

Mac

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Can you break that count down into:

1. Vehicles that were running when they arrived and when they left.

2. Vehicles that were running when they arrived but NOT running when they left.

3. Vehicles that were NOT running when they arrived but running when they left.

4. Vehicles that were NOT running when they arrived and NOT running when they left.

;-)
Answers:
1. 132.5 (Rayzer's half way ran)
2. 0
3. 134 (Andy's trucks was fixed as well as Rayzer)
4. 1 (Papabear's K-18, was there for display really since the engine isn't ready)

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Got home ok, but I developed a problem around Conyers. The fitting for the emergency cut off fractured on the SEMTT. I kept smelling diesel fuel and by the time I got into Atlanta, I noticed it collecting on the body. Since it was still running ok, I pressed on. Went to take the fitting off here in the driveway and it split off completely! Can't complain about that. (Well except for the gallons of fuel I lost...) I'm just going to remove the emergency cut off completely. I'm about to go pick up my son from a kids thing at the church, I'll go pick up a 1/8 to 1/4 npt fitting while I'm out.

sandcobra164

Atomic, godawgsdv8, and myself made it home safely around 1615 hours. We suffered two breakdowns but worked through those issues and still made it in about 6 hours for an amazing average of 31 mph. Not a bad trip at all and I had a great time visiting with some great friends this weekend.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Butch and I arrived home safe and sound. No problems with beast or Kermit.
I really enjoyed being convoy leader .
Is it time for the next one.
Mike thanks you kept me fed good.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I did not take ANY pics this year but I think this was the best rally/event I've ever attended...ANYWHERE!!

I want to thank the Commander, XO, and all the Staff for making this rally the most well organized, safest, and most family friendly to date (not to mention the best attended).

:goodjob::beer:

oddshot

Me and Henry made it home with the take-out engine from Andy's Deuce just before 1700. About 300 miles out and back, no problems except for very bad directions on the way out, and traffic jams on the way back.

My directions for the front part of the trip were SSSSoooooo bad, I actually got 2 mpg's better coming home even though I was about 1,300 pounds heavier. Screw mapquest, next year I plot my course on a map!

Also, I'm gonna have to change out the stock seats. I must be getting old, the stock seats left me a little butt-weary after this trip.

I had a wonderful time and met a whole bunch of GREAT people.

My only disappointment? I never did get to see that far-out movie about Dark that Papa Bear was talking about.

rofl

Yeah ... I'll be back.

Last edited:

sandcobra164

I'm glad to see yall made it ok sandcobra. We pass yall again at a gas station. Did yall have to tow bar it back?
They all rolled in under their own power. At the gas station in Eatonton, I just needed to get some go go juice. Very happy ya'll stopped for the first breakdown. You don't see people do that too much these days. You and your wife seem like great people and I hope you do decide to convoy up with us next year with one of your trucks.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Well made it home about 1530 hrs, minor hic-up called a right front 177 blowout, it was like a bomb went off, bits of tire went everywhere, I got bits and pieces for a few projects, calked and 1/2 painted the houch, It was good to see everybody and on top of everything got to meet Robert (ROBO), took home more stuff then planed,

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got back to the LZ around 1800 hrs. Thankfully was able to lose "Mr. Murphy" up in GA somewhere; no hiccups. Thanx to all the staff, and the MKT personnel for a job well done. Thanx to them and Papabear, I ate entirely too much this weekend. Can't wait till next year.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks