• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Overkill Customs M920 Build

eldgenb

I believe the $1300 is the amount GL paid the Gvt for your truck and they made $4000 off your purchase.
Its funny that you say that because after re looking at the form 97 that is exactly the case. I just told the DMV that I paid what they paid and they could not prove any different. I cannot believe the profit GL is making, what a racket.

Bighurt

Its funny that you say that because after re looking at the form 97 that is exactly the case. I just told the DMV that I paid what they paid and they could not prove any different. I cannot believe the profit GL is making, what a racket.
What is really funny is when you turn stuff into DRMO. (first step in the GL chain or aquisition) They don't pay you a dime.

Now I'm not sure how the money works out on the LRS/DLA side.

I'd be interested to see where their money actual goes...

I can't imagine their operating costs are very high.

eldgenb

What is really funny is when you turn stuff into DRMO. (first step in the GL chain or aquisition) They don't pay you a dime.

Now I'm not sure how the money works out on the LRS/DLA side.

I'd be interested to see where their money actual goes...

I can't imagine their operating costs are very high.
It goes into that mysterious slush fund along with the rest of our tax dollars:jumpin:

Bighurt

It goes into that mysterious slush fund along with the rest of our tax dollars:jumpin:
It's called the black budget, and the titles of the fund and the fund amounts are public information. There are some pretty interesting spending for crazy titled projects...:mrgreen:

eldgenb

So I have an opportunity to buy an m817 dump bed and assembly for almost nothing and I was wanting a little input from the rest as to whether or not I should remove the deuce bed and run with the shorter (by1.5 ft I think) dump bed with the cab cover cut off or not. The plus's: taller bedsides, much tuffer setup no need to worry about breaking anything, no need to fabricate my own dump bed subframe, gives me about 18" to mount a tool box between it and the crane. The cons. smaller bed (not sure it will make a difference, already built hinges for the deuce(not a big waste, may be able to sell it that way, tarp and bows might be impossible once I cut off the cab cover, no more troop seats for parades etc. I could put park benches in the back for parades etc. What do you guys think?

mudguppy

personally, i think the deuce bed would look more like an OE design than the dumper. i just envision the dumper in my head and i think it starts to look like a franken-job.

that said, its still hard to envision. can you do a photo-chop for visual comparo?

i couldn't offer an opinion outside of visual appeal...

eldgenb

personally, i think the deuce bed would look more like an OE design than the dumper. i just envision the dumper in my head and i think it starts to look like a franken-job.

that said, its still hard to envision. can you do a photo-chop for visual comparo?

i couldn't offer an opinion outside of visual appeal...
Yeah I think you are right, I will photoshop it tonight and post it, I don't want to take a step back, thats for sure.

Bighurt

If youi found a dump box like CCE uses I think it would look better than the 817 dump bed.

Just my opinion, maybe it'll look better in teh picture.

eldgenb

well the more and more I look at it, I LIKE IT! As hard as it is to believe it makes the truck look way tougher and it would be more useful!

jdgreen

Banned
Why can't you use troop seats still if you put the dump bed on it? i thought i seen that you can still use troop seats on a dump bed, just a special set just for the dump bed

mudguppy

well the more and more I look at it, I LIKE IT! As hard as it is to believe it makes the truck look way tougher and it would be more useful!
yep, photo-chop really does wonders for helping spatial thinkers like me.

i agree, the dump bed looks much better than the deuce bed. i wonder about the length, though. i'd be tempted to chop the frame and bring the bed up to the crane.

but this is from the arm chair - being there in person and faced with the amount of work that shortening that frame would require would likely squish any temptation that i had.

photo-chop the dump bed up to the crane and i think you'll see what i think i'll see. (?)

whatever - that's a rediculously sweet truck regardless!!!!!!! one day i'd like to have you build one for me...