• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recovery planned, Dayton, Ohio to Spartanburg,SC this coming Friday

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As for a side note. Coffey1 has been driving my new truck up to this point. I've been in the chase car behind him. I have yet to drive the truck. But now that he got the CTIS figured out, I may have to fight him to ever drive it!

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Update:
Sunday 6am getting ready to get on the road again.
All problems are fixed on truck and ready to go again.
It sure is a scary moment when you see the primary air go from 120 to 0 in a nano second.
Where's the exit ramp where's the exit ramp how quickly are the spring brakes going to engage.
You're mind starts running at 100 mph.

Even with the problems I would trade trucks with Andy in a heartbeat .
This is one sweeeeeet truck
Just for those watching, losing the primary air will NOT engage the spring brakes. The secondary system will take over. Pulling over and shutting the valve on the primary tank was the right move until repaired. The brakes are still fully functional, although they may feel a little "long" on the secondary system. Glad to hear you got it fixed. Now let Andy drive for a block or so.

andy3

Now hear this. All hands @ 10 & 2. Stop texting and keep driving safe. Tell Butch to start tapping his magical red shoes and saying "there's no place like home"
Carrie Anne, lots of mtns so be patient.
Above all be safe. The sheer will and determination of you 4 could carry this thru with the Good Lord's blessing. Keep us updated.

mrscochran

No texting and driving, ever. We're stopped for fuel near London, Kentucky. There was a problem with the new truck hold on air for a few minutes earlier, but Butch took a hammer to it. His magical shoes worked! It's raining really bad. Praying the whole way.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
We're still praying for you all from Ohio. I have faith you can get the caravan home today!

Last edited:

3dAngus

London, Ky to Spartanburg, SC is only 270 miles and 4 hours and 4 minutes according to Google maps, so you can probably make it in 3 hours. :3dAngus:

No, seriously, 270 miles is still a good haul with a MV and we're on the edge of our seat watching and praying for you.
Hopefully, you make it before nightfall. Best wishes for a fun trip, and one, you remember for a lifetime.

When you get older, trips and memories of a lifetime are fewer and farer between, so enjoy while you can.

mrscochran

Blown gasket on the top of the compressor head. We're in Tennessee near a ferris wheel, a pink elephant and a rocket of some sort, right beside a Pilot Traveling Center. I have no idea what the name of the town is. However, I do know what this truck's name is going to be. "Hellcat". That seems fitting.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Thats the PERFECT place to break down! Adult World is just on the other side of the highway. You can stop over and be entertained for hours!

Sorry to hear of your troubles.

mrscochran

Well, it looks like Butch and I were useful after all. We're Towing the Hellcat behind Juliet from Pioneer, TN. 3 Cheers for The A Team! My sweet husband isn't happy right now, though.

I didn't know there was endless entertainment across the way... I was reading... In the car... Out of the rain.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When you get older, trips and memories of a lifetime are fewer and farer between, so enjoy while you can.
Maybe for you old man but Gimpy and I just delivered that 818 down to Georgia last night. I may be old too but I'm still making trips and memories.

;-)

Yes, Andy must have seen us in the chase car headed north cause Gimpy said he got a text asking if that was us at MM 94. I saw the rescue truck with Carrie-Ann and Butch at MM 52 in Kentucky.

The old fireworks place is the Ferris wheel and rocket. At least there is a truck stop there. By the way that is exit 141 for anyone who wants to know, the old As Seen on TV store used to be on the other side of the little road but now it's a wine store which may come in handy at this point.

Lots of truck repair facilities north of you in London, KY and a lot of heavy equipment stuff south almost to Knoxville.

Good luck.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You should have pulled into Gatlinburg to wait it out. :)

Maybe another big rock slide at the entrance to the cut.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks