• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

San Antonio, TX Monthly MV get together!!

For anyone that is interested, there is a cruise in from 0800-1030 at the Lowes at The Rim:

Lowes Home Improvement Store
At "The Rim"
I-10 Exit 554
18303 Rim Dr.
NW San Antonio, Tx.

I will be there with my M813A1. This is before our lunch at 1300.

Had a pretty good showing yesterday. It rained all morning but the cruise-in was attended by myself and 1 other MVer and still had a good 100+ cars there braving the rain. Also had a few more show up for lunch afterwards.

The next meeting will be after the cruise-in on APR 12. The cruise-in will be at the same address and time as above. Afterwards we will convoy somewhere (TBD) for lunch.

Sorry I couldn't make the last meet, I was out for a bit. Back on my feet and installing some COMO on my rig. If I get it complete like to be in the convoy would be nice.

Robert

Last edited:
Ok, I have been out of the loop for a bit. The next Cruise-in and lunch will be this Saturday. The Cruise-in will start at 0800 (I will be there at 0730-0745 to get a good spot this time). We will depart the Cruise-in around 1100 and convoy to the Marie Callender's located at 4788 NW Loop 410 San Antonio, TX. We will eat around 1145. If you do not want to attend the Cruise-in, you can just meet us at the restaurant at 1130.

If are going to attend the Cruise-in, please let me know by Friday so I can try to claim spots, or just come down. And if you are going to be at lunch please let me know by Friday as well so I can make a reservation.

Lowe's at the Rim:
http://mapq.st/1inoPvN

Marie Callendar's:
http://mapq.st/QZpw8E

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm going to try and make both but no promises. How's the parking situation at Marie Callender's? Easy pull through for big trucks?

Last edited:

FarmerRob

Not gonna make it to this one. I'm in the middle of a 1400 mile deuce recovery and won't be back in town till tomorrow night.
Oh, and if anybody near Texarkana has a good turbo, mine blew out somewhere back in Illinois. Top speed is down to 53 and she's blowing all kinds of black smoke on acceleration.

FarmerRob

Thanks but not necessary. A turbo is optional on a multifuel. I still have oil pressure, so the only downside is the slower speed and the smoke. I changed the oil and no chunks came out, so I'm good to finish the trip.

FarmerRob

Yup. I've already put 500 miles like this so it should be fine. Definitely appreciate the offer and I will keep it in mind if things get worse. I'm still 300 miles from Texarkana so hopefully my luck holds.

Ok will be at Lowe's by 0745. Not going to be able to do the convoy to MC though.
No problem. Hopefully I can get us closer to the action at the car show tomorrow.

Not gonna make it to this one. I'm in the middle of a 1400 mile deuce recovery and won't be back in town till tomorrow night.
Oh, and if anybody near Texarkana has a good turbo, mine blew out somewhere back in Illinois. Top speed is down to 53 and she's blowing all kinds of black smoke on acceleration.
Hope the recovery goes well the rest of the way. See you at the next one.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well it was 5 ton day at the car show this morning. Airbornebandsman, Motocar, and myself. Lots of fun seeing the "crunchies" drive through while we held up the back of the lot.

001.jpg002.jpg

Great time today. The cruise-in was packed with cars and we had a fair amount of people come over and look at the trucks. At this point I do believe that this will be our monthly meeting start point, as it can only get better. A reporter from the local Fox station came over and interviewed my daughter and myself at the end of the event, it is always good to have some good publicity for our hobby even if is only a few seconds on the news.

After the show I went to the Marie Callendars and met Tornadogt and new member Dan Danielak for lunch. All in all both events were very productive and we got a line on some more local car shows this year. (Thanks mkcoen).

As of now the next months meeting will start at the Cruise-in on May 10th. But anybody who wants to participate will need to be there by 0815 as space is at a premium.

Attachments

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just moved AWAY from San Antonio (Cibolo)...too bad I didn't see anything about this earlier.
Sorry you missed out but now that you've got a new home get something going there that's similar. Mik just started by getting folks together for lunch once a month and it's spreading to more opportunities. It's nice that this show coincides with the monthly luncheon (sorry I missed today guys) so easy to plan a 1/2 day MV adventure.

Ok, This May the meet up will start at the Rim cruise-in and end up at the Marie Callendars off the 410. If you want to participate in the cruise-in You will need to be there NLT 0815 as space is at a premium. If you plan on showing up let me know so I can save the spaces as I will arrive at 0730. We will depart The Rim around 1030-1045 and convoy to the Marie Callendars for lunch. Last month was great, even got a little TV time. Hopefully that will generate some more local interest.

http://www.foxsanantonio.com/news/f...ets-corner-coffee-cars-373.shtml#.U11Cn2Yo5jo

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks