• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Scott's LMTV build thread.

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did not have an updated air dryer. I was not aware at this point they needed one installed. I will check tonight and see if mine is updated or not. Can you send a pic of what I am looking for?
The original air dryer can easily be serviced. Basic service is to unscrew the bottom plate, drop out the old desiccant pack and coalescing filter, and replace both. Kits: Haldex RN-60A, available such places as Finditparts for $42 more or less.

FKAM

Looks like you have a good runner. The cosmetic stuff can be easily fixed given time and money! I've been looking for an LMTV for a while but haven't found one yet. I have a HMMWV and I am like you and want to build it like the one I rode in the sandbox. Keep us updated with your progress, I'm going to be watching for ideas.

Sgthoffer

YAY, new parts come in the mail today.

20171128_163234.jpg

Drivers side floor mat.. I cannot seem to locate a passenger side.. do they exist?

20171128_163250.jpg

And new door handles with matching keys... Best thing ever! Cause currently my door handles are broke off on both sides and I have to use forceps to grab the little piece of metal to open the door with.

StackJ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Keep going! I love these things and if I could find one that was titled and in good condition in CA, I would trade my M998 for it....

Sgthoffer

I am happy I got a bunch of new parts, but also sad because I ordered 3 matching seats on ebay that were new seats still in packaging never used and this is what I got.
20171129_171937.jpg
Two matching seats, not three, and stains and stretchmarks all over one of them. All three missing bolts to hold them up right... makes me sad someone would send me this after paying 537.00 not including shipping for 3 NOS seats.

Last edited:

Sgthoffer

Got a NOS air condition/heater combo, NOS bows and tarp, some used but in great shape side panels and tailgate and a NOS led light kit last night.

Crapgame

Hey Sarge! Where does the Map Box go, bolted to an inside door panel? Sure you wouldn't rather have a 5th SFG War Pig? :-?

Sgthoffer

Hey Sarge! Where does the Map Box go, bolted to an inside door panel? Sure you wouldn't rather have a 5th SFG War Pig? :-?
I would rather have a warpig, however even if I did I would not have a garage I could park it in. Mapbox was boltes to drivers door in the one I drove for 2 weeks in Iraq.