• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers 2009 Florida Rally... Its on!

vinny-socom1

I forgot to post I'm planning on bringing some(20) 11.00x20 tires on 5ton rims down for sale. If anybody is interested I've also got a M332 I need to get ride of fair/good shape with FL title. I'm working with Matt and trying to help him bring some more stuff down, let me know and I can get with him to set stuff aside for the Rally.

Vinny

DUECE-COUPE

I will have my truck done by then and i will SO BE THERE. This will be my first time with a whole bunch of army trucks and no commander to tell us to line up and get in.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Boy it sure is a real good thing to think about being able to come to this. I am thinking that I may be retired on terminal leave at this point but I sure would love to come down for this. I am going to go for bigger rubber on the M1031 I think bringing it down. I just bough some more 5.56 for the AR's and could bring down a couple to shoot there as well. I am sure hoping that things work out but I know if I can not make it you all will have a great time.

dc3coyote

Tampa area, Clearwater and St Pete people, any one going to the Fl rally why dont we meet here it may be a bit out of the way but this is a good place to gather and not to mention that these hippies REALLY REALLY hate MVs, going there is as much fun as you can have with your pants on. I go every week in a Pinz or a Duece, come on by if you want.
http://hqopoy.blogspot.com/
The Capt is a good friend of mine he always likes to have big trucks around.

bubba_got_you

Tampa area, Clearwater and St Pete people, any one going to the Fl rally why dont we meet here it may be a bit out of the way but this is a good place to gather and not to mention that these hippies REALLY REALLY hate MVs, going there is as much fun as you can have with your pants on. I go every week in a Pinz or a Duece, come on by if you want.
Where you at? I always like to piss off hippies. :grin:

Russ

Looks like it's a Wednesday meet. I didn't find any other information about time. On Wed. I'm typically pissing off the hippies by brandishing shotguns and shooting trap, skeet, and other clay target games on Wednesdays til 10PM. It's great having a range just outside of incorporated City of St. Petersburg.

I am a bit of a wuss in that I trailer my vehicle. I hate wearing out the Swamper LTBs on pavement. Might not make much of an impression if a few trailers with MVs on them drive by. :-D

I must admit, I'm seriously thinking about a future Deuce or 5-ton pulling my trailered Pinz. I'd get about the same mileage as my pickup probably but have something that I could pull the Pinz out with if it is unbelievably stuck. Thus the quote at the first FL Rally, "I'm going in".

devilman96

OK updates updates...

Our powers to be allowed me to purchase www.steelsoldiersfloridarally.com for a little easier way of getting info to friends, family, non SS'er, etc, etc... Mike is still squeamish over my crappy html coding but I will get it cleaned up here shortly... Speed was the essence!

If you poke around a bit you will find that tickets are now for sale... Please... buy them! I'm already in for about $2000 in purchases for this years event so buying now really makes it MUCH easier to put the event on!

Green_gator

Kenny,
I can bring my 10 gal. silver bullets to hold drinks if needed. I have five of them so we can keep plenty of sweet tea cold. I have this on my vacation schedule for work so I can get there early to help pitch camp.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike has the big Igloo drink coolers too, let me check with him. Did you hear from Steve (DIrtyfingernails) yet? He has M103A3 bows if you still plan on getting this trailer.
Back to the rally info.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Well I bought my couples tickets today with the hope of two things.
1. I get promoted effective the day I was assigned to this colonel slot
2. The Army holds to my retirement date and I get to attend this as a retired colonel.

If this does not happen then I guess I will either not get promoted and be there on terminal leave or get promoted and the Army retains me in which case I could take leave and come down enroute to a new assignment.

Barring any of those my son and his finacee could come down in the M1009 or if none of us come it will be up to the organizers what to do with the tickets I sure do not want a refund this is going to be a great event.

God bless you all.

dc3coyote

David I cant wait too meet you, if you need a place to stay or a ride to the event I am close to both Mcdill, St Pete/Clearwater airport, and Tampa Int.
Plus the save me making several trips in Mvs to get stuff up there.