• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

3rdaavbn

paintin and such.

deuce paint 003.jpgdeuce paint 002.jpgdeuce paint 001.jpgChanged primary fuel filter, drained fuel tank, installed slave recepticle, repacked wheel bearings, and primed and painted the Deuce with Gillespie from Rapco. I used an airless with a .211 tip.

Hainebd

Finished pinion seal change and mid axle oil change. Finished installing springer seat. Test drove. Now rear wiring repair and replace boots front axle. Find pto and related parts for front winch. Install wiper motors.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Saturday, a group from church rallied at a "little old lady's house" and attacked the front and back yards that both needed a good cleanup and tree trimming, planted some flowers, replaced a gate and fence section, reworked her garage door and assessed some indoor and structural issues for future work.

Here are some pics of the Duece loaded with yard debris. The area between the front two bows is mostly metal scrap that will be sold off to defer some of the material costs.

2013-04-13 ARK full of trash & Sh'ed Lounging 004.jpg2013-04-13 ARK full of trash & Sh'ed Lounging 005.jpg2013-04-13 ARK full of trash & Sh'ed Lounging 006.jpg

As far as what we did TO our MV.... We loaded up the suspension for "maintenance purposes".
For what we did WITH our MV.... We help a sweet little old lady do what she can no longer handle for herself, and had no family nearby to help her.

And then this last pic is of our eldest dog, Sh'ed, lounging in the shade of the MV's.... The other five were inside enjoying the A/C!

2013-04-13 ARK full of trash & Sh'ed Lounging 003.jpg

Last edited:

docpadds

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Small things this weekend, finish up the mounting for the roof mount aircon and install the little roof bars to hold the vinyl roof over cab.

With luck will get all title stuff etc done soon and take kids to school in her :)

Ford Mechanic

Removed radiator sent it off to get repaired. Replaced all 3 belts without the special tool for the compressor. Repainted the front black and the radiator then reinstalled it. Waiting to straighten out my grill before painting and reinstalling. Removed origanal horns remounted the air solinoid for a different and louder horn.

Capt.Marion

I did absolutely nothing to my deuce this week, last week, or last month. In fact, I've been 1100 miles away from my deuce for all of that time.

However
, I did pick up 4 11.00x20 NDCCs today, which means there will be a whole pile of work done soon--rear hub un-flipping to accommodate duals again; dismounting the 4 newly acquired tires from the 5-ton rims and mounting them onto 6-bolt 2 1/2 ton rims; as well as the assorted things that will probably get lumped into that whole process.

Yup, spring's in the air, and the money's already flying out of my wallet!

OK, it was last week, but my computer was down for almost a year and just got fixed.

I trimmed some boards for uprights for the M105 bed on my bobbed deuce. I improvised some side boards to toss a Harbor Freight camo plastic tarp over and tie down to protect all our stuff for the big move too. I came up a little short on the tarp though so I guess I'll have to trim down my side boards and try it again.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks