• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Seth_O

New injector lines! Finally took care of a leak that started small and has been steadily growing. Now I need to figure out why I have fuel behind my fuel shut-off cover :(

Attachments

oddshot

Got the right front axle boot installed, cleaned checked and packed the bearings ... adjusted the brakes.

It took me 6 hours ...

Now the boots on both sides are done ... all the bearings ( fronts and rears) are cleaned checked and packed ... all seals are replaced. ( see post 282 this thread)

I am a VERY happy camper!

oddshot

Big Z

Greased and re-greased to get fresh lube through everything. Flushed the cooling system quite a bit, removed the radiator and flushed it separately. Got some interior painting done. Removed seats to put new covers on. Checked axles, t-case, and trans. I will have the pleasure of putting new boots/seals/lube in the front.

RangerDave

Started it up to let it run for a half hour or so... drove it around a bit in the back 9 for exercise.... noted that it formed a fuel leak when I switched over to using 50/50 WMO.... and the best part - I discovered that my newly rebuilt air pack must have a brake fluid leak into it (remote reservoir empty) because the pedal goes down and then releases ssssssllllllllooooooooooowwwlllyyyy...... and I still haven't gotten around to brakes, axle seals and boots..... aua

SteveKuhn

Sanded. And painted. And and sanded and painted, and sanded and painted. Racing the rain. In the driveway. On a hill where the breeze is always uphill.

Did you know that 25 - 30 mph gusts can consume an extra can of spray paint in less than an hour?

Steve

Last edited:

SMOKEWAGON66

What have i done...not much really. I drained out all that pretty new Lucas oil i put in the gearbox after rebuilding it...turns out, the 3053a does not like high performance 85W90....so thats gone and will be replaced with SAE50. Ive been touching up here and there with rattle cans until i get that almost perfect sinister black look. Ive upgraded the workspace in my garage with a new (to me) 8' X 3' maple top work bench, courtesty of DRMO, so now i have more space to clutter up with MV parts and TMs lol. Im going to get a moving permit on friday and now that i have some sort of insurance, i will take her to work next week, if all the stars line up and pieces fall in place. So we shall see...Pics of that mis...adventure to follow!

Darwin T

converted all of my inside lights to LEDs along with my license plate light. already had LED taillights and headlights. working on the front LED turn signals and LED black out light. going 100% LED.

Attachments

SMOKEWAGON66

converted all of my inside lights to LEDs along with my license plate light. already had LED taillights and headlights. working on the front LED turn signals and LED black out light. going 100% LED.
In your 4th pic (the one with the colored lens covers on) Is that how your leaving it or are you going to cover them over so they only illuminate the gauges? That is the green ones i mean..not the air warning or airshift indicator...When i was in the service, i had a M928 that had those same green covers on the dash and it was blinding and couldnt read the gauges at night. Turns out that those covers were for the turn signal indicator, or airshift lever, etc. I had to get the machanics to order the covered ones that you cant see through except underneath the dash.

Last edited:

Darwin T

Nice on the LEDs. Few questions
1 Where did you get them or did you make them yourself?
2 Are the any brighter than the stock?
i have a post "My M109a3 going 100% LED" that has the web site i bought them at. i think they are brighter but i don't have any proof.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce-modification-hot-rodding/76024-my-m109a3-going-100-led.html

In your 4th pic (the one with the colored lens covers on) Is that how your leaving it or are you going to cover them over so they only illuminate the gauges? That is the green ones i mean..not the air warning or airshift indicator...When i was in the service, i had a M928 that had those same green covers on the dash and it was blinding and couldnt read the gauges at night. Turns out that those covers were for the turn signal indicator, or airshift lever, etc. I had to get the machanics to order the covered ones that you cant see through except underneath the dash.
i have had the see through green ones for years. the gauges would be brighter if i put on the covered caps and paint the back of my gauge cluster panel white but i am happy. it gives me light to see around the cab without night blinding me while i drive. thats why i picked the green and red, both are good for nighttime if you still need to see. green night vision goggles and red hunting lights (plus animals don't see red well at night) and blue you can see red blood trails at night. i think the cab light i bought is blue (it looks blue but i have not powered it up).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks