• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirty1

Finally secured the batteries down properly so they don't bounce around. Next is new cable ends, brakes and shocks.

2HIJOS2126

Received my LMC headlight harness and Wagoner BL's in the mail a week ago and got them installed on Friday... The (2) hot leads to the harness were a little short so I extended them to reach the battery... Other than that everything else was smooth sailing... Now I can see when I'm driving at night... Thanks Muddobber40 for the info...

Durango_USMC

Removing gen 2 alternator right now... Im not sure if I will tackle this rebuild or have someone else do it. The loose stud in the back is bad news and apparently if it touches the case a whole lot of sparks will fly and knowing my luck thatd turn into an engine fire. So on Warthogs advice Im removing it for a rebuild. Im going to try to line up some help for the king pin rebuild so I dont burn three weeks on it when it can be done in an afternoon.

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
Put a 14 bolt full float under her, and a zero rate for another inch. Relatively painless, ordered the 1310/1350 conversion u join so she can move again.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Today I did my first panic stop in the M1009. I was cruising smooth at 60MPH in the left traffic lane, with an additional HOV lane to my left. The cars in my lane came to a stop right where the HOV lane merges with the left lane (I guess people couldn't figure out how to merge so everyone stopped). I mashed down on the brake pedal and three wheels locked, causing the truck to pull just a little to the left. I could tell I wasn't going to be able to stop at my rate of closure, so I let off on the brakes enough to steer further left and shot around the stopped cars and right back into the traffic lane.

If it weren't for the horrific howling of the tires and the severe body roll it mighta looked like I'd done it on purpose.

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I rebuilt the passenger side Alternator and it was a complete success. I replaced all three belts while I was at it. I also added a steering wheel lock chain with a hyd hose Kevlar cover (so I don't chew up the wheel and seat). My next thing is to figure out why the fuel gage reads whatever it wants.

Bert

True Knight

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately?

Today I did my first panic stop in the M1009. I was cruising smooth at 60MPH in the left traffic lane, with an additional HOV lane to my left. The cars in my lane came to a stop right where the HOV lane merges with the left lane (I guess people couldn't figure out how to merge so everyone stopped). I mashed down on the brake pedal and three wheels locked, causing the truck to pull just a little to the left. I could tell I wasn't going to be able to stop at my rate of closure, so I let off on the brakes enough to steer further left and shot around the stopped cars and right back into the traffic lane.

If it weren't for the horrific howling of the tires and the severe body roll it mighta looked like I'd done it on purpose.
Sounds like LA! Glad you two survived.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks