• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

rcamacho

they don’t just “slide off” unfortunately, a puller is required , just not as bad as the rcsk18330 pump that is pressed on, this one uses a keyed shaft with woodruff….hit it with heat.
Looks like the pulley does not have a nub or threaded holes for a puller to engage. Gather a puller has to be used that engages the back side of the pulley outer diameter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like the pulley does not have a nub or threaded holes for a puller to engage. Gather a puller has to be used that engages the back side of the pulley outer diameter?

I guess I got lucky, the one on my GEP just slid off..
It’s a 50/50 thing, same as removing the clutch pulley on generators, 50% of the time they slide right off, the Other 50% requires some sort of intervention

rcamacho

Installed new glass. Windshields we’re removed during demil.
ECV/Rev windshield retainers are dear $/hard to find. Used 998 style retainers and re-drilled using ECV retainers as a template. Came out very close with very little rework of a few holes.
Thanks to @Mainsail for letting me use his ECV retainer as a template.

Also put the new PS pump aside for a while having resigned myself to replacing it in one big maintenance cycle with the water pump. Took a chance and bled the system. Surprisingly found it worked and I have power steering operable now !

Found RF spindle loose. Geared hub maintenance and adjustment on the list…
Check those spindles folks!

Last edited:

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a seep from the fuel filter drain at the spigot - wasn't sure if the valve was leaky or the line was bad. Got in there today and the line was cracked at the clamp. I was going to just snip off the broken bit and reconnect, but the other end was cracked as well. So off to the parts store for some 3/8" fuel line.

Stopped for lunch in Kingston for easily the best pizza in Kitsap.

Pulled off the doghouse and looked at the other two lines coming off the filter and the 3/8" was weepy as well. Changed that one and the 1/4" line as well.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I had a seep from the fuel filter drain at the spigot - wasn't sure if the valve was leaky or the line was bad. Got in there today and the line was cracked at the clamp. I was going to just snip off the broken bit and reconnect, but the other end was cracked as well. So off to the parts store for some 3/8" fuel line.

Stopped for lunch in Kingston for easily the best pizza in Kitsap.

Pulled off the doghouse and looked at the other two lines coming off the filter and the 3/8" was weepy as well. Changed that one and the 1/4" line as well.
Well @Mainsail , that time was well spent for sure. It isn't cool or sexy, but drippy fuel hoses these days could cost you dollars on every trip with $10.00 fuel. Not to mention the possibility of a fire...

RJTM998

Added rear view mirror. Bought off Amazon for a golf cart. This thing makes it so much better seeing what is behind and around you. It helps with the dreaded passenger mirror issue. Also added o-shit handles and an interior light. All off of Amazon on the cheap.

Attachments

rcamacho

Adjusted and filled RF hub.
Maintenance by Military had not been completed. Steering arm bolts were hand tight. Bearing adjustment was loose. Hub was nearly empty. Gears, bearings and races looked great fortunately. Took the opportunity to also replace the spindle seal. Used a new lock washer.

Steering stop was all the way in. Used a digital compass to approximate 35 degrees swept per the TM. Close enough for now.

Last edited:

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Adjusted and filled RF hub.
Maintenance by Military had not been completed. Steering arm bolts were hand tight. Bearing adjustment was loose. Hub was nearly empty. Gears, bearings and races looked great fortunately. Took the opportunity to also replace the spindle seal. Used a new lock washer.

YIKES!!
Shows why a COMPLETE inspection/service is SO critical before showing off to the neighborhood!!!

OBX

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Painted my NOS Ibis Tek bumper. First, cleaned bare metal then primed with RUST-OLEUM flat gray primer. Next, painted with BEHR ULTRA Exterior (flat) BASE 4854 tinted per recipe in photo below. Paint applied with 4” roller. Small brush used for limited access areas.
When dry, color matched perfectly with CARC on Humvee part not exposed to sunlight.

Attachments

Last edited:

Hummer Guy

Painted my NOS Ibis Tek bumper. First, cleaned bare metal then primed with RUST-OLEUM flat gray primer. Next, painted with BEHR ULTRA Exterior (flat) BASE 4854 tinted per recipe in photo below. Paint applied with 4” roller. Small brush used for limited access areas.
When dry, color matched perfectly with CARC on Humvee part not exposed to sunlight.
That looks really good

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks