• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Please correct your tapatalk settings to upload the attachment instead of remote linking. Otherwise the site will just show links. :(

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I did not have the bracket. I made a plate to help disperse the load on the sheetmetal. But I do plan on getting under it and adding a rod to brace it. I did reuse the stock hanger as well.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The newer trucks don't use the bracket, there is just a backing plate...this is because the left fender has an A/C condensor in the fender....I'm adding factory M1151 Ac to an M998 in the shop right now.
the other trucks I have done have had the factory M11XX AC fenders and the plate is held in by 2 1/4-20 bolts.

Lawdog734

Curious - Does the fender mounted A/C provide rigidity - or has it been determined that the backing paste now provides sufficient support that the bracket isn't needed?

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Curious - Does the fender mounted A/C provide rigidity - or has it been determined that the backing paste now provides sufficient support that the bracket isn't needed?

No, the condensor is only held in by 2 bolts in front 3 in the middle and a bracket in the rear secured by 2 bolts...all are 1/4-20. The fact that's it's bolted to the exhaust adds a lot of rigity...remember, the correct way to mount that pipe is the use the rubber isolators that go in the 2 holes, the studs pass through those...99% percent of the time, they are missing and its metal to metal...it's the same rubber bushing used on the tcase isolators for the exhaust bracket.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks