• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

suzukovich

Got my SF 97 today, went down to Tax Collectors office and got temp tag so I can take it to the "inspection" scheduled for this coming Wen. I went prepared, Sf 97, Letter of reassignment from Iron Planet, Pic of my HMMWV, current Insurance, copy of FL DMV letter and a big smile.
Now tomorrow after part I need to put her back together arrives I'll take her out for a spin, get a load of diesel, put a few easy miles on her, have a good look for any leaks after I get her all warmed up then tuck her in the garage.
That's great. The difference between one that follows state law and one that dose everything possible to prevent the licensing of Humvees to include not following state law or should I say tap dance the gray area( one person in Region 4.)

Sent from my SM-J727U using Tapatalk

shawnshumvee

My Ant-theft key ignition system. This is basically a keyed kill switch which kills all current to the stock ignition system. just insert the key and tun to activate the Humvee. With out the key the humvee is dead at the OEM ignition section. Also replaced my shift indicator light.

IMG_6057.jpgIMG_6062.jpgIMG_6063.jpgIMG_6066.jpgIMG_6069.jpgIMG_6070.jpgIMG_6071.jpgIMG_6072.jpg

DCIV

Got the title yesterday, went to the dmv and got tags today. A couple questions like what color is this and “is this a truck”? But I was really worried about the tax, she punched that in and I just had to pay the 110 for tags and registration. I then drive it to get fresh diesel, and took it to lowes!

Really need new tires as it bounces like crazy at 35/40 but only in a strait line, if turning it calms down.

Also why when you come to a stop does it rock back and forth like it has a water tank on it?

Action

Got the title yesterday, went to the dmv and got tags today. A couple questions like what color is this and “is this a truck”? But I was really worried about the tax, she punched that in and I just had to pay the 110 for tags and registration. I then drive it to get fresh diesel, and took it to lowes!

Really need new tires as it bounces like crazy at 35/40 but only in a strait line, if turning it calms down.

Also why when you come to a stop does it rock back and forth like it has a water tank on it?
The rocking is normal on the older HMMWVs. You can play with the brake pedal until you figure out how to minimize the rock.
Do you have 36" or 37" tires? The 36" bias ply can get flat spots when parked.

twisted60

Installed the feed thru terminal I ordered to replace my old one that was trashed and hooked my batteries back up, after a small scare (sparks/smoke) I realized I had left 1 battery cable a little loose, just loose enough to get my attention when I engaged the starter, then I drove her (first time) to get a load of fresh diesel and do a little road test, drove about 7 miles, varied speeds, brakes worked good, engine ran smooth, transmission ???? I can feel a positive shift from 1-2 at aprox 15 mph, 2-3 not sure it is shifting (could not feel or hear any noticeable change), I assume it is because I got up to almost 50 mph, just read the road test procedure so that will be tomorrows fun.

Skinner23

I pulled the voltage regulator off today. Everything was heavily covered with carbon from the brushes but the alternator brushes were at least at 50% so I wasn't worried about needing to replace one. I sprayed all of the internals in the regulator cavity with Lectramotive. Once everything was dried out and cleaned up I noticed the voltage regulator adjustment resistor seemed a little boogered up. Decided to put it all back together and see how it functioned, hoping it just needed a cleaning, but it's the same. I can have 30 V or 25 V but nothing in between. I am going to order a new regulator and then later put the old one on the bench and see if it is repairable with patience. I was an electronics technician in a past life in the Navy, so maybe I can repair it. But I'm not going to let my HMMWV languish while I try!
Bulldogger
Think I’ve got to replace my voltage regulator too. How’s that going with yours? I haven’t even begun to look in to what I have to do to replace it. I’m learning as I go. Ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

70deuce

Davykeith, here is my setup. Nylock nuts on the bottom bolts allow for getting the tension on the pivot point set just right. Pull the upper pins and I can set the brush guard down at any angle and it stays.

Attachments

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look where the disc brakes are and how much crap is between them and the pavement.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Exactly. I was going to type that too.

Check your tire pressure. Unless you’ve got other problems, I can’t think of a reason why it would be bouncy at 35mph. You can fill to 30psi or so if you’re not off-road a lot. The manual is 22-20, but that’s off road.

Have you opened up your geared hubs for rehab? Strongly recommended.

Bulldogger

gottaluvit

Checked my battery voltages yesterday. Two weeks below freezing with most of them nights below 0°F and batteries on one were 24.2 and 24.4 on the other. I was actually surprised my HF cheapo multi-tester worked after being in the cold in an outbuilding. Cell phone died in outer jacket pocket in under two hours from full charge. So glad Samsung didn't make our 6TLs.20171231_170352.jpg

Last edited:

911joeblow

Checked my battery voltages yesterday. Two weeks below freezing with most of them nights below 0°F and batteries on one were 24.2 and 24.4 on the other. I was actually surprised my HF cheapo multi-tester worked after being in the cold in an outbuilding. Cell phone died in outer jacket pocket in under two hours from full charge. So glad Samsung didn't make our 6TLs.View attachment 714595
In order to get individual battery voltage you need to remove the link between them and read the 12V number.

StackJ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Measuring up for building my own spare tire mount. (Please no commentary on why not do this, that and the other thing. I have my reasons for doing it this way. ). Am not spending $950 (or $750) on a Rhino, want my trail jack on it, etc. Everyone is entitled to an opinion of course. Just getting kind of sick of all of the negativity, I do it better, yada yada. So much so, am about ready to just be a lurker and keep to my self....

Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 5.28.06 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2018-01-05 at 5.26.39 PM.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks