• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What muffler will make the 6.2 sound like a diesel

detroitdiesel4x4

I was going to run 2" all the way out, but I was contemplating going with 3"....I already have my 2" plumbed from the stock pipes into the bed, and since my bender only handles up to 2" I was going to do the final "Stack" part 3" since that's just straight. But I don't think 2 38inch pieces of 3" would justify the cost considering I only have 2" laying around.

3 inch would probably sound better and look better. Small pipes tend to rap and pop more. Plus CUCV's have 2 1/4" exhaust...so dropping it down to 2" would probably hurt performance a little. I think stepping up to 3" turbo-type mufflers and running 3" from the mufflers out the bed would sound pretty good.

charlietango

i'd have to agree with DSI, the 2, 2.25, and even the 2.5 give the rap, pop, redneck sound lots more. I wish I went with 3. That video is coming soon for you, I had the truck out today.

detroitdiesel4x4

I took her out today to pull out a stump at my house, sounds a lot better straight piped then I first realized, actually sounded really good. I pulled the 2-1/4 or whatever u put on off and threw it in the scrap pile, I think I might just go with 3" like somebody mentioned....I don't want it that loud, but I don't mind. I will just try to be courteous about driving at night until I fit some mufflers on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks