• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wrecker count

WHAT WRECKER DO YOU HAVE

• M60

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • M108

Votes: 10 5.4%
  • M62

Votes: 22 11.8%
  • M543

Votes: 25 13.4%
  • M816

Votes: 71 38.2%
  • M246

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • M819

Votes: 12 6.5%
  • M936

Votes: 49 26.3%
  • Other Wreckers

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • K-Booms

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters

2deuce

Were all M62's built by International or Diamond T? My 1953 IHC has a 4 digit serial #. And was Diamond T owned by IHC in the 50's? Mine is still gas and what a hog!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Yes--built by INTERNATIONAL and DIAMOND T
NO---DIAMOND T was not owned by INC.
YES--GASSERS are a GAS hog, Swiss's 1955 m62 gets 3 mpg

2deuce

I don't think mine would do 3 mpg if I ever had it on the road. If I have a lifting job like loading a trailer it will easily take 5 gal of gas and I better be quick.

I would be curious to know how many M62's were still gas and if there were any differences between the ones made by IHC and Diamond T. Did IHC make the most?

Last edited:

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I don't think mine would do 3 mpg if I ever had it on the road. If I have a lifting job like loading a trailer it will easily take 5 gal of gas and I better be quick.

I would be curious to know how many M62's were still gas and if there were any differences between the ones made by IHC and Diamond T. Did IHC make the most?
NO difference

I have found that on Swiss's 62 we tend to use a LOT of gas tinkering or winch/crane op. mpg is different, though I would guess that gal. per hour of operation is about the same.

insanejecke

I know where there are two 800 series wreckers, one is going to be scrapped. They are in the Columbia, SC area. Since neither is mine, I'll not add anything to the poll.
Nope Its mine now muahaha , M816

just saw this thread wile looking for stuff so i thought i bring it back to life

ResizedImage_1361143276406.jpg

ResizedImage_1361143310046.jpg

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
This is back to my irregular update and update, update, update, update, update, update, Just in case someone came back from the twilight zone or returned to/from area 52, 53, 54, 69, ect. and was not present to add to the count. and do to the current up swing in acquired wreckers

If you notice the poll has CHANGED, WE (SS) now have That ELLUSIVE m60, maybe the ONLY one still rolling, OH Thank YOU MV GODS :jumpin: :jumpin: :jumpin: :jumpin: :jumpin: :jumpin:

I plan to leave this up for a while, I know it is getting old to some but I know there are more out there. I would like to get a good count of SS wreckers, I know that we have to have a lot of wreckers in the SS motor pool just to recover all the other vehicles in the motor pool, the SS wrecker count is going UP 1 and 2 at a time

This POLL was not my idea, I asked a certain SSer if he knew how many 246/819s was owned by SSers, his answer was" do a poll", so this wrecker count NEVER ending thread is all ?? fault.

I see that the m936 has taken over second place of ownership, the surprise is that the m108 is so high in the count.
I would think the m543 and m936 would be a higher count then they are.
The K-boom has been added because it was used on CANADIAN recovery vehicles
The count is up to 182, MADE the 150+ COUNT [thumbzup], are we going to hit 200?, sure looks like it.
Kboom-----------4

For new readers, please go back and read post #1
THANK YOU ALL, FOR YOUR PATIENCES AND HELPING IN THIS PROJECT​

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks