• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Yaller 5-ton wrecker for sale

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I'll help-PM me if needed.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If I am in the area I will assist any way possible. :) I have tools out the wazoo to include tanks and torches, tanker bar, 1-inch impact tools, etc.
I was considering floating a loan to buy the gasser until the old lady said "get enough to pay your lawyer" :shock: .........I hate it when that happens. :cry:

rice

Well, I've given you guys some time. If you want the yellow wrecker, now's your time. If it isn't sold by Friday, I plan to be in Leesburg AL Sat morning the 12th. I talked to Mrs Battles and told her what my plans are. I don`t really need the truck(I do want it) but I couldn't sit by and see it scrapped. I could use some help getting it moved to somewhere I could leave it for a couple weeks.
If you want to buy it first, speak up before I make the trip. I would rather have the diesel, but I just can't tie up that much cash right now.

CGarbee

I'm in the same boat... I've talked about it, emailed wreckeman and have extra photos, and talked to Mrs. Battle, but I've got a yard full of stuff, and folks keep backing out of sales... Grab her and take care of her for us...

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Rick and other concerned folks: I would love to have the beast but I have too much going on this month. Miltary missions and vaccation.

I will be up there Thursday thru Sunday working on my shop but I can take time out Sat. to assist.

I know a wrecker guy (Larry's Towing) and he might let you store it there. He has a storage lot and big Kenworth wrecker. I will stop by his palce and ask. He also has a wrecked International truck that has a Cummings engine in it that would probably drop right in the gasser.

Mrs Battles might even let you store it where it is since she is closing the business and doesn't plan on renting the property out. There is a fenced lot behind the shop where it could be secured.

I live slightly east of Centre just off of hwy 411. Anyone coming from Atlanta will be passing within 2 miles of my place. PM me and I will send a phone number. If this operation is a go I'll bring the digital camera and take some pics to post.

I hate to pass this up but it just hit at the wrong time. Since I couldn't get it I wanted to pass the info on to someone who can give it a good home.

eddiec

rice. if i ever get down there again, and you get it, i could get it this far for you. as long as i am delivering down that way, and not picking up.

rice

Thanks guys. If I can get it running with some brakes, I can leave it at my son's in Calhoun Ga, about 60 miles. This is an International M62, does anyone know if the brake parts (hydrovac and M/C) would be the same as a multifuel deuce? I'm assuming its not air brakes.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rick, unless its been switched to full air, which I doubt, all the parts should be intercangable.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oooops, Big Ooooops! Back er up a bit. I misread the post and was thinking a multifuel 5 ton. None of the parts are the same as on a deuce. NONE of them except maybe some steel lines. Different master, different airpack, different wheel cylinders and all. Thanks for catching my error Kevin. SO SORRY

rdixiemiller

I'm in Carrollton Ga., It can be left at my place for the time being. I have a towbar for my deuce, it would be a bit fun to pull without a "soldier B" in the towed vehicle to help in turns.

rice

It looks like I have to call Mrs Battles and postpone my trip to AL. A pinched nerve in my upper back that I've been trying to get over for 2 months, decided to take 2 steps backward this week. Went back to the chiropractor this morning. Man I'm sick of this thing. I'll keep you updated.

FrankUSMC

Rick
I feel for you, man. I just got over a back injury and it is no fun! My Bride tells me it is Gods way of telling me to slow down!
One of the few, Frank, now walking up right.....

rice

Thanks, this has been the most painful thing I've ever experienced. I've lost 10 lbs since it started, and I wasn't trying to lose weight.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Rick and all concerned. I'm going to pick up metal tomorrow and I will be going past the wreckers. I will stop in and talk to Mrs Battles.
If she will store it for me I may go ahead and buy it. My main reason for not buying is lack of room to keep it.
Once I get my shop completed I should be able to bring it over. I may have to sleep with it until the old lady gets used to it, but what else is new.
Thanks to all who replied and worked to save "Old Yeller" from the scrap heap.
I'll keep everyone posted on what happens.

rice

wrecker

That would be great, as long as someone gets it to keep it from being scrapped.Look the other wrecker over good and let us know details on it.

rice

wreckerman893 said:
Rick and all concerned. I'm going to pick up metal tomorrow and I will be going past the wreckers. I will stop in and talk to Mrs Battles.
If she will store it for me I may go ahead and buy it. My main reason for not buying is lack of room to keep it.
Once I get my shop completed I should be able to bring it over. I may have to sleep with it until the old lady gets used to it, but what else is new.
Thanks to all who replied and worked to save "Old Yeller" from the scrap heap.
I'll keep everyone posted on what happens.
Did you get a chance to go check on the wrecker>

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I leave tomorrow for Hawaii. Taking the better half on a 20 year anniversery vaccation. If it puts her in a good mood I may be able to sneak "old yeller" into the back yard. If all else fails I'll buy her a new car. That usually lets me get a new "toy". That old wrecker will probably enbd up costing me 30 grand but hell.....ya can't take it with you.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Update on "Old Yeller".

As of weekend before last he was still sitting on the hill looking out over the valley. :D

I would still like to have it but a deuce is more practical. 8)

Hawaii didn't mellow out the old lady....if I buy it I have to sleep with it. :shock:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks