• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aberdeen 2008

ida34

Mike,
I am trying to decide whether to get a hotel or bring a tent to camp. Do you have any spots left? I would only be there Thursday night and Friday morning. I have to be back home for Saturday. If no spots are available then I know I need to reserve a room.

Thanks
Chuck

rickf

I wish I had checked on here sooner. I e-mailed the club that runs it and like last year they did not reply. I checked the web sith ad it said completly sold out with the exception on 2 spots in the yellow section.
Rick

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Aberdeen typically sells out FAST..... Vendors have until January 15th to reserve their spaces, after that, they are give to others...

rickf

Every year when I go there are probably 50 spots that are never used down by the highway end. I have seen people set up there on Sat when everyone is leaving. You know they did not pay for those spots.
Rick

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
By noon on Saturday, Aberdeen is a ghost town, both vendor and buyer wise.. If they want to wait to sell their stuff until then, well, not too many people are there to buy.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Mike:
Can you post the plot plan I would like my boys to be able to log on and find out where they will be holed up. I sure wish I could be there but that is the way it is in the Army.

scooter01922

I must have missed something....i could just cart a tent along with me instead of getting a room??? I love a good excuse to break out the tent. It's gotta be cheaper than a roon for a few nights.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Glad you bumped this thread, David! I am getting excited for the trip. I was pretty bummed when I sold my 818 because I wasn't sure I would have a vehicle ready in time for the ECC and the show. I don't have one ready, but my buddy, bkubu, does and it need to be driven from NC to MD. Perfect right? It is a beautiful M925A2 towing a water buffalo. I can't wait to get on the road again in a 939-series. Thanks Bruce.

My brother and I are coming in Thursday as part of the convoy. We plan on staying through mid-day on Saturday. I think we'll be camping out in the back of the truck in SS Central. We are bringing the pop-up shelter again and will set up our booth under that.

David, when are your boys coming to the show?

Mike, are you still planning on coming down on Friday?

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Mike Calling Mike! I know you are busy and have lots to do but I need to tell the boys about it and I am a little too far to show them so could you please post the layout like you did last year?

Chris, I am sorry you had to sell your M818 I missed that wow what a loss. I am hoping the boys can make it up on Thursday but don't know yet I get very few emails from the boys. Now if my girls were into military vehicles I get emails from them almost every day. I will post it when I find out.

Thanks.

Very Respectfully,
David

ida34

He is still selling spaces. I just bought two. He asked me what I was bringing so he could figure where to put me and in what configuration. I think he is working on it during the next couple of days.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Are we in the same area we were in last year? Just trying to guide my boys as they head out. I challenged them to get there on either Thursday afternoon or Friday morning but the reality is they may show up late Friday. I still would like to see where they will be setting up.

Thanks

mangus580

I am trying to finalize who goes where by what vehicles they have. I need to get the last couple spaces figured out. I should be able to have it before the weekend.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Thanks Mike you are the best. Are you going to look like a gypsy going home like you did headed out of the meet in PA? I thought that was classic with all those plastic tanks on your load I bet you got a lot of looks. I know the boys will be bringing the M52 to pass on to the new owner and our M1009.

newt

Dave,

If need be I'll find the boys a place. I'll be there Friday morning sometime with the South Jersey boys.

Ida34,

I'll fire off my cell to you so we can meet up and talk shop.

I'll take one spot for tthe M52 I'm getting from Dave just tell me what I have pay and to who.

See you all soon

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks