• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Insurance Prices - How much do you pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi All,
I didn't read every comment on this thread but after reading the first page, I was surprised
at the variation in premium prices from the company I use; State Farm.
I have an M35A3, Hobbyist Class Only, No restriction on miles driven and
I only pay $8.00 per month.

Freight Dog
Could you tell me what $$$ amount of coverages you have and do you have collision/comprehensive theft ect??? I'm getting raped by State Farm at $660 a year. I've done business with them for about 17 years, everything except my Life is with them, I'm getting torqued hearing posts like yours!!!!

Navo

I pay about $660 full coverage and they made me go commercial!!!! I'm going to have some words shortly with my agent.
Could you tell me what $$$ amount of coverages you have and do you have collision/comprehensive theft ect??? I'm getting raped by State Farm at $660 a year. I've done business with them for about 17 years, everything except my Life is with them, I'm getting torqued hearing posts like yours!!!!
Yea, Im interested as well... Thats crazy $8 - $660 yikes!

ICAT

Just tryed state farm, I was told I would have to insure all my vehicles with them to insure my deuce. Waiting to hear from geico. Gulfway won't insure in Idaho

Last edited:

ICAT

My deuce is a 1988 and hagerty said they won't go over 1975. Crazy huh? I just off the phone with geico, commercial policy privete use $244 a year.

Last edited:
My deuce is a 1988 and hagerty said they won't go over 1975. Crazy huh? I just off the phone with geico, commercial policy privete use $278 a year.
Interesting. Geico told me they wouldn't insure military vehicles. I told them that I know people who had MV's insured with them and they replied "well we aren't issuing those policies anymore".

gungearz

Our trucks have been demilitarized and are not military trucks. Once you tell them that. Its out of the question. I told Gieco I have a 1971 AM General M35A2 pick up truck. Do not say two and a half ton or they will direct you to the commercial side and will not insure it. Only get liability cause full coverage is stupid. If our trucks hit something. We won't be worrying about our truck. That's for sure...

ICAT

You have to talk to the commcial policy people. The guy I spoke to said they do these policies all the time. Took about 20 mins

lost in the bush

Allstate for M109A4 $109.00 six moths for $1M/$2M

Had quote from Hagerty $500K/$1M/ $500K and stated value of $15K for comp and coll. no deductible

Went with Allstate for now most likelky will switch some of the MV to our business insurance for liabilty reasons..

Last edited:
Our trucks have been demilitarized and are not military trucks. Once you tell them that. Its out of the question. I told Gieco I have a 1971 AM General M35A2 pick up truck. Do not say two and a half ton or they will direct you to the commercial side and will not insure it. Only get liability cause full coverage is stupid. If our trucks hit something. We won't be worrying about our truck. That's for sure...
Yeah, I never actually advertised to any of the companies that it was a military vehicle. Just gave them the make and model. Still no dice with the big players except for allstate and they wanted $1,350/year!

I got full coverage because I'm not stupid. Full coverage for $38/month is something I can handle. Full coverage comes in handy for "Act of God" accidents like a tree falling on your hood, an icy patch on the freeway that causes you to loose control and total the truck, wildfire,...............

Last edited:
You have to talk to the commcial policy people. The guy I spoke to said they do these policies all the time. Took about 20 mins
I tried that tactic on the second round of calling all of the big companies and it didn't work. I'm telling you it really depends on who you get on the phone and what State you are in.

ccf460

1952 M35A2, Gulfway Ins. Co., $5000 agreed value, 100/300 liability, 100/300 uninsured
motorist, Full coverage, North Carolina, 41 y.o. driver ..no tickets, but a few claims.
$240/year, this was quoted 7-10-12, they are sending me a new quote with some lower limits and higher deductibles to compare pricing before I commit (they are very familiar with MV's and are very pleasant to deal with) on a side note they quoted my cucv 1009 with the same coverage except a $3500 agreed value for $224/year.

ETA: with Gulfway, you have to get full coverage, but for the price...crazy not too!

Last edited:

ICAT

When I call geico, I told them AM General M35A2C and when the vin didn't come up in the system I was referred to the commercial division.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You bring up a good point sir. If you don't mind me asking, how much is your monthly payment?
I just paid my last premium - $292.18 for six months. This is a State Farm commercial policy for non-commercial use.

For those insuring deuces as pickup trucks. Be very careful. That is considered fraud and if you get in an accident, the insurance company can refuse the claim. No way can a deuce be considered a pickup truck.

Last edited:

steelandcanvas

What is de-miled about your truck? Spray paint over the unit markings?

Do not mislead an Insurance Company, it will come back and bite you in the arse, big time! Telling them it's a pick-up truck is really stretching it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks