• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DirtBag Fall 2011 ???

hole

I had a small scare yesterday and thought I was going to miss out AGAIN. We moved into the new house we bought that I spent all summer remodeling. At some point my insurance renewal info came for the deuce and it got stuck in a to do pile while we were packing. Then that pile got boxed up and moved to the new house and quickly forgotten. Last night while we were unpacking I saw it and noticed I missed the due date!

I went through Gulfway and the initial quote and application took almost a month the first time around so I was pretty bummed. Then I noticed the actual company was Travelers so I got online and created an account with them since all the important info was in the huge policy booklet they sent. I was able to pay up (with a ten dollar late charge) and all is right in the world again.

Moving sucks, that's for sure. Luckily it had only been expired for a few days and the deuce has been sitting for two weeks.

Insurance - it's just another important PMS item.
I don't think there's enough rum in the entire Temecula area to calm you down if you missed another Dirtbag.

M1009 Fiend

Really looking forward to being there in 2 weeks. Already started laying out logistics, and clean-up gear to bring. Orders for clean up supplys going to be ordered/picked up next week. CAnt wait looking forward to my first Dirtbag!!!
:beer:

BLK HMMWV

Well today was very productive.
Thanks to my 2 Brotha's from Otha motha's . (Both Will Wagners.)
I was able to get Herbie ready for the trip.
I found out I had a bad generator on the way to Will's .
I had a spare 100 amp at home and used brother Wills truck to run home and get it.

Now I'm not proud of the name but I have always said that a vehicle is supposed to get it's name from somebody other than it's owner. Apparently both Will's felt that due to the horn in the HMMWV it sounded like Herbie the Love bug so until I upgrade that (which I'm in the process of ) I'm stuck with the name Herbie The Love HMMWV. Not only did they think it, they felt strong enough about it to stencil it on the side of my truck.

With friends like that, who needs an enima , whoops I mean enemy.

It was a mini DB today. Thanks to you both.
Looking forward to the trip.

BH/CC/HTLH

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will be testing a new insect repellent machine at night . It is rumored to be able to boil coffee , give you a sun tan at midnight, eradicate entire swarms of mosquitoes and keep your beer cold all at the same time and all at one push of a button.... BH/CC

Whoa now--- sounds like they don't sell those at Home Depot! If it's made in the USA, I sure want one!:beer:

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How rough is the road going up there? A friend wants to go, but not sure if he will be able to make it with his minivan.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lotsa tall sharp rock the last 6 miles. No place for a mini van.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
CC, Hole, yes it was a very good day. I still cant believe the carnage in that drum :shock:. Hole, you are lucky, if that was my junk, it would have locked up out on the road. CC, glad your alt issue is done! Can't wait for the first night, hope you can make it out. All I gotta do is clean up the 105, get the fuel drums out of the truck and rearrange the wood back there and squirt the zerks. You two wana go in on grub?

armytruck63

It looks like I will have to miss the Fall Camp DB and instead shoot for the Spring. The date conflicts with the Anza Borrego trip, which is sort of a family tradition.

998Junkie

Lotsa tall sharp rock the last 6 miles. No place for a mini van.
The sharp rocks only seem to like military tires.:razz:

What have I seen drive by DB? I think I saw an accord once? I'm sure that deputy was in a regular cruiser. I had the milk truck out once. I was thinking of bringing the smart car once, but I thought it might wind up with Mr. Tannerite.

Go slow and perhaps take the next road off the I-15 (cant remember.). It probably be OK.

Will is right, though no place for a normal street car.

998Junkie

Well today was very productive.

Looking forward to the trip.

BH/CC/HTLH

Can't wait, worked all day today on the 1028, I'm done enough to take it out on a shake out tomorrow and see what happens.:)

Then re-torque everything, check the grease and then start to pack(for two). Next week I move on to the M101.

hole

First off, Thank you Will and BH ! Without your help I wouldn't have been able to make DB this trip. Yesterday is a reminder of what great friends are all about :beer: Yep on grub,we should take care of Triple R while we're planning for food.

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well it's official--- :evil: our DB mission is scrubbed for fall. Got the call-out from a guy I promised to work if he got a gig... how's 30 miles NW of Taft grab ya'? Carriso Plain? (sure ruined my Sunday) We'll be setting up rig this Fri/Sat then turning to the right by 10/20... that is the schedule anyway. And unless weather or earthquake changes all that--- hope to do the camp-out by next Spring. Everybody be safe--- peace--- out.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Crunch time for me! I'm finally motivated to get my mule running. I got a new motor from Bill Watson back in June then broke my shoulder 3 days later. Shoulder's doing good and the heat has finally gone away so my garage is bearable for wrenching. Got it installed and am working out all the little details of this basket case I bought. Should have it all together this week. I'll be bringing my 7 year old for sure with her dirt bike, might have to bring all 3 depending on how much crying there is when I break the news to them. Momma has a wedding shower she has to help coordinate, (I think it's just an excuse for her not to go). Looking at being out there Friday afternoon. Can't wait!

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How rough is the road going up there? A friend wants to go, but not sure if he will be able to make it with his minivan.
I drove out in my Saturn Ion last time and may be doing so again if I can't shake the flu quick enough to replace the head gaskets on the 109 in time for the trip.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks