• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Disc breaks anyone?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'd like to see a stopping test of two equal deuces. One with a standard drum system in perfect working order, and one of the disc brake setup.

KsM715

You are asking about the m715, dana 70 front and rear?
No, I am asking if you can get the disc brake set-up for the rockwell's with different lug count. Say for instance in an 8lug set up. That would allow bobbed deuce owners to get aftermarket 20" rims and run something like boggers or whatever.

Yes, If I can manage to keep my M715, (wife wants is sold) I would love to put some rockwells under it and lose the heavy drums and run something like superswampers.

Attachments

Last edited:

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, I am asking if you can get the disc brake set-up for the rockwell's with different lug count. Say for instance in an 8lug set up. That would allow bobbed deuce owners to get aftermarket 20" rims and run something like boggers or whatever.

Yes, If I can manage to keep my M715, (wife wants is sold) I would love to put some rockwells under it and lose the heavy drums and run something like superswampers.
No 8 lug ( 8 on 6.5" BP ), I do not want to take a 2 1/2 ton axle and neck it down to 1 ton at the wheel. Alot of different companys make 15", 16", wheels to fit this setup.

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have both axle housings stripped bare...I guess I'll cut the rivets tomorrow on the stock brake backing plates because I kinda like that bolt on setup
You can use a torch to cut the revit heads off on the inside of the backing plate. I use a punch and 4 lbs. hammer and drive them out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks