• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Selfridge deuces-what did you get?

rz14rt

I am going crazy as you guys all recover your trucks and I wait fo my first EUC.
Buying something small requiring an EUC so you can have one on file prior to bidding on a truck seems like good advice. Wish I had done so. By the way, the m35a2 in Vassar went for around $3400 with tax and buyers premium at Albrecht auction house. It looked nice and was titled in Michigan.

Preacherboy

I thought the closing price was $2800? I guess I didn't see the final price, but we looked at it up close and it wasn't in that great of shape. The only thing going for it was apparently that you didn't have to wait and it already had a title.

rz14rt

Ha, it seems to me that I am more accepting of blemishes than most. Recall I bought the "rusty" and "brakeless" 5612 and 5662. Happy to have them if I ever get an EUC!
The next Michigan auction perhaps you would help me look a little closer. That Vassar truck looked good to me, I suppose I am stliil struck by how much iron you get for so few $.
As for the Vassar truck, I added the 10% buyers premium and 6% sales tax to the allbrecht closing price. Still short of $3400 though, so you are correct.

Preacherboy

rz14rt, I just heard yesterday that the albright auction truck did not sell for enough, so it did not get sold. If you are tired of waiting, I've seen some private sale trucks for around $2000, not sure if they'd make the long trip though.

By the way, there is a sweet 5-ton multi-fuel tractor for sale in Millington, if I had the cash I'd get it.

rz14rt

Harleyrkc, I hope so. I don't want to be left waiting alone while everyone else is playing with thier trucks. I do intend to wait, however, as I like the trucks I bought. Do I understand correctly that at 60 days one should request an extension so your auctions are not cancelled? I am not good at waiing.
Preacherboy, Is the Millingon truck right on M-15? I have a client in Millingon and I will go see it. I do not need a third truck, but have not mastered the parts about "all things in moderaion" and "flee temptaton". I did bid on the Vassar truck up to $2000 then quit.

harleyrkc

I've not heard anyone mention an extension. But hopefully someone with some GL experience will chime in. I'm in this for the long haul too. I'm selling off all my chevy, jeep, and four wheeler project parts to make room in the shop for it this winter. 10 years worth of projects and I've never sold off any of the extra parts. :cookoo:

Preacherboy

the five ton multifuel tractor is right on M15 just north of Millington, on the west side of the road. It is nice I posted some pictures on here in another thread.

I've heard that GL is currently not cancelling sales at 60 days because BC is taking so long, so I wouldn't worry about anything. It will just be cold when you go get your truck.

harleyrkc

the five ton multifuel tractor is right on M15 just north of Millington, on the west side of the road. It is nice I posted some pictures on here in another thread.

I've heard that GL is currently not cancelling sales at 60 days because BC is taking so long, so I wouldn't worry about anything. It will just be cold when you go get your truck.
Cold I can handle, I have a heated shop that I'll hopefully have cleaned out by then. And hopefully some of us can still con a few of you experienced guys into helping us newbs.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cold I can handle, I have a heated shop that I'll hopefully have cleaned out by then. And hopefully some of us can still con a few of you experienced guys into helping us newbs.
Everyone is still learning. One guy here just recently learned where the master cylinder is.

Pick up a -10 operators manual while you wait for your truck and read it.
Then, read it again.

I will be putting a few trucks up for sale here soon, Think I will get a -10 manual to go with each one.

Too many trucks - too little time (and not enough $)

Ted G may still have a M818 & trailer for sale, titled & ready to go! (priced right too)

digitaldust

well i drove 57 back to flint for gassed a bit. The leak is in the elbow before the flex tube. its all new pipe then one rusted out elbow ?!? now i need to change it out
no big deal.

zak

I was there on Wednesday the 15th. It looked as few as 20 trucks had been removed, and maybe not even that many. Joe did say 50 more are coming in.:lol:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks