• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MVPA Convention Award

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well, it was down to the wire, but the trophy and the judging sheet have been finished for the SteelSoldiers.com Excellence in M-Series Award.

A huge thanks goes out to Brian 54reo who put the trophy together with his Dad in record time! I think it looks fantastic.

I finished the judging sheet at 10 pm last night and got it over to Brian. I have recruited Brian, Chris gimpyrobb, Jeff junkyardwarscrusher, and Garry lstmate to be the judges and award presenters.

Thanks for coming through in a pinch everyone!

Attachments

No.2Diesel

Hi,

Excellent job! That's a great award! I especially like how the score sheet was formulated. It's the perfect category for an award. Thank you. [thumbzup]

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the award, that's pretty cool looking. I think 54reo and his dad deserve a big round of applause and a big [thumbzup] for doing such a great job in such a short amount of time.

Can't seem to beat the ingenuity of a SS member.

crazyplowboy

Wow, great trophy guys, looks awesome. Chris I like the judging sheet, you can tell it was created by someone who knows these trucks. So many of the judging sheets seem like they were put together by a 5 year old.

paulfarber

I think the judging is weighted WAY TO HEAVILY in the 'how far did you drive it' category.

if the convention is in your home town you lose big points for something completely out of your control.

I would say 3 for driving, 1 for hauling.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
We have a winner!

I will get one of the guys who was there give us all of the details. In the meantime, here are some pics snapped by David Doyle of the judging crew and the winner, Lamar, un-crating his trophy. A big thank you goes out to everyone who worked so hard to make this happen!! :beer:

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
An SS Ga Rally shirt! woot!

Great looking award and congrats to Lamar!

citizensoldier

:jumpin::jumpin::jumpin:Lamar won! Very nice job guys! I cant wait to see the writeup in the mags.. Lamar is a stand up guy he always gets some of my cash at Findlay for electrical M series parts.. I always love his hat too! A great first winner for sure!
Very nice job on this people! I am beaming with pride knowing I belong to this stand up group of guys and gals. 54reo you outdid yourself on that trophy for the amount of time you had ! I thank you for your efforts from the great white north.. eh !
Viva La Steel Soldiers!!!:-D:-D:-D

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
I sent those pix to Chris about midnight or so last night, after a REALLY long week. Didn't think to send a pic of Lamar and Jewell's truck. I just sent it to Chris, I'm sure he'll post it soon.

The SS trophy and presentation were both First Class!

DD

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Way to go guys. Wish I could have stayed to watch the award, ditto on everything said about Lamar. I think that maybe it's really Jewell's award as she has been and done everything he has. As we say out here " Lamar married better that his wife did"!.
Again I thank the judging crew for getting out in the hottest part of the day to do this.

Blythewoodjoe

Way to go guys. Wish I could have stayed to watch the award, ditto on everything said about Lamar.
As a person who can't remember a name, I have to ask, is Lamar the guy I met at Aberdeen years ago that drove a deuce (with his wife) that had been heavily modified (for comfort purposes). I think the back was a nice cozy sleeping area and the cab had been insulated and so forth. I think I met him at the 2004 MVPA convention in Mobile too. It seems I have seen him at Aberdeen several times. He's a little shorter than me too. Just wondering if that's him. Really nice guy.