• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The M1031 with 5" lift, 12-bolt H1's and no spacers build!

tvguy

It's been a while since I've posted but I have been making a little progress. I tore all the wheels down and added 10 oz. of Dynabeads to each wheel. I also put some new locking nuts on the 12-bolts. The LoMax 205 is completely reassembled and ready to install. Not sure when I'll have a chance to do the swap but it's on the agenda.

Attachments

K10A

I hope your tires and wheels are completely clean and dry of grease oil and water. It can make the beads clump and cause imbalance.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is the purpose of the beads anyway..? Thats a new one on me.

I just read this entire thread. I must commend you on the Premiere M-1031

What are your final intension's for this most audacious of MV'S..............?

K10A

The beads are for tires balancing without external weights. I used heavy airsoft plastic bbs worked great and cheap.

tvguy

I'm chasing a wheel problem. One of my rear wheels appears to be bent and causing a pretty bad shake so I ordered a brand new wheel from Trail Worthy Fab. Hopefully it will be here by the weekend so I can swap it.

I've also decided that the stock rear springs are just too stiff. I ordered a pair of 2" rear Skyjacker springs and will be swapping the existing 4" ORD shackle flip for a 2 1/2".

If anyone is interested in my existing 4" shackle flip let me know as I'll be selling it.

Last edited:

tvguy

I swapped the 2 1/2" shackle flip and 2" Skyjacker springs in today. I shot these pics after I finished one side . . . you can see the difference in the angle (it improved the pinion andle 3 degrees).

Attachments

wayne pick

Nice job, and great pics. Do you loose spring rate with this setup? Not worried about loosing your helper springs? Im seriously considering doing this to my 1031, just the shackle flip, and then lower the helper spring pads. I've been folowing your build thread from the beginning, Great work!

tvguy

Nice job, and great pics. Do you loose spring rate with this setup? Not worried about loosing your helper springs? Im seriously considering doing this to my 1031, just the shackle flip, and then lower the helper spring pads. I've been folowing your build thread from the beginning, Great work!
Yes, I'll lose some spring rate . . . but that's a good thing. It was WAY too stiff. I still have a helper spring on the new set.

wayne pick

Yea, I hear that about the ride, I have a flatbed on mine and the ride is still brutal. I don't think my rear springs do anything. The tires just kinda skip arround on the pavement, LOL! Gotta love the M1031 though, Thanks for the feedback.

tvguy

One of the new 12-bolts that I ordered from Trailworthy Fab was just as out-of-round (if not more) than the one I wanted to replace. Fortunately, I ordered two wheels and the 2nd was a little better. I got it mounted up today . . .

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks