• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Total destruction of all End-Use items (end of trucks???)

surpdlr

Where are the sources, references, and facts behind this "warning"?

The Pentagon also plans on doing LOTS of things that never see the light of day.
I guess my post that started this thread in Nov 2007 wasn't far off the mark afterall...

Not that this is something I ever wanted to be right about....

BUMMER.............

Last edited:

garp

Just wait, GL will send us all paperwork instructing us to turn in all our green trucks to the nearest post/base.

Had this discussion with Maccus one afternoon in the famous pole barn. We both agreed that they better call first instead of just showing up, the trucks will still be smoldering when they come for em. It would make me physically sick to set my toys on fire, but i would rather watch em burn than be hauled off by the Man.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
So who knows the MVPA President? The longer we wait, the the better the odds this becomes permanent.

Who can implement a plan of action? I work 65 hours a week, I don't have the time for this. There has to be someone who can step up to the plate.......

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showpost.php?p=318253&postcount=69

jpcj-7

Taking for sale sign off Deuce.....

No kidding, I was just getting ready to put one on one of my mine!
I think I'll wait!

I ran NSNs this morning on a bunch of trucks and trailers and only a few came up a 6 (M1008, 7.5 ton trailer, and a semi trailer) much to my dismay even the newer trucks came up a 3 (M35A3, M44A3) Other items that I looked up include; M816, M818, M35A2, M1009, M1028, M105A2, M332, etc..

Don't worry they are coming for your truck!

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So who knows the MVPA President? The longer we wait, the the better the odds this becomes permanent.

Who can implement a plan of action? I work 65 hours a week, I don't have the time for this. There has to be someone who can step up to the plate.......

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showpost.php?p=318253&postcount=69
clinto, I'd be more than happy to help in some way but I know almost nothing about the MVPA. Maybe I should start learning.

I wondering if we should start something new that could work with the MVPA. Something that would include other users of surplus not just collectors. I agree though that something new would take time and it don't look like time is on our side at the moment.

I can't think of the name of it at the moment but there is a old truck organization that could help also. Can't remember the name but they put out the "Wheels of Time" mag.

Last edited:

jpcj-7

This news is more depressing that Obama winning the election.

Just wait, GL will send us all paperwork instructing us to turn in all our green trucks to the nearest post/base. Then we will be summoned for "political re-education" and issued a strawberry-douche powered Geo Metro complete with rainbow bumper stickers.
Well said, I think that the MVs leave too much of carbon foot print for us to own! We should just voluntarily turn them in.

dittle

Didn't we go through this back in December already when all of a sudden GL pulled all the trailers and trucks off their auctions and then they reappeared several days later after a full review of the classification of the items? If all of the vehicles were going to be mutilated and reclaimed from individual owners then why would their still be items up for auction? I guess I'm going to believe it when it happens as the gov't has bigger issues to tackle than this. JMHO

HeadWizard

For what it's worth, the number of trucks (all types) currently in the GL system for sale is the smallest I can remember.

Anyone have a good GL contact?

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
"If all of the vehicles were going to be mutilated and reclaimed from individual owners then why would their still be items up for auction"

Lets stop the rumors before they start.. NOTHING has been said about reclaiming trucks from indivduals.... All we know for sure is that the Demil advice codes have been changed. Stick to the facts, please..

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
I just noticed a white Ford panel van parked in front of my house, and a black helicopter flew over yesterday....:tin hat:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just noticed a white Ford panel van parked in front of my house, and a black helicopter flew over yesterday....:tin hat:
Better shut down your meth lab.:p

Michael

Didn't we go through this back in December already when all of a sudden GL pulled all the trailers and trucks off their auctions and then they reappeared several days later after a full review of the classification of the items? If all of the vehicles were going to be mutilated and reclaimed from individual owners then why would their still be items up for auction? I guess I'm going to believe it when it happens as the gov't has bigger issues to tackle than this. JMHO

There is a good chance that is when the codes changed and it was decided to let everything work its way through the system. Federal agencies would be the first to notice nothing new was coming, then state agencies like the forestry service and soon GL.

FreightTrain

Banned
Well,if you would read the entire thing you would see that the stuff that was in GL hands December 31st,2008 can be sold but nothing will be turned over to GL after Jan1,2009 except in little chips after being fed to a grinder.Write your congress and Senate members via the link I gave above.This will cost the government,Military and tax payers billions to distroy the vehicles and lost sale value not to mention how will this effect the countless business that use or sell MVs daily?Loggers,Rebuilders,Housemovers,etc?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats what I was trying to point out, its all scuttlebut right now; nothing has happened.
Yes it has but buyers haven't felt the affects of it yet. It's like freighttrain said, they've cut off the stuff comming to GL to sell.

dittle

Well there goes my chances of getting a Deuce as I'm going to assume that auction prices on them will go a lot higher now.:evil:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks