• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

BLK HMMWV

Finished set of jack rails for side steps and ammo can carriers. Still need to paint them.
After parade on the 4th I'm loosing the rear hatch and sponsons and reconfiguring it.

3000gt

Nice, 3000gt! How's it running? I'll have to buzz you the next time I'm in Memphis. It looks like you've done quite a bit since you got it home.

Like a top. Highly recommended different tires and rims as well as a comfortable seat. Did lizard skin on inside and definitely reduces heat and noise.

jrpontiac

I lost my lever use to start the truck. Took the screw out and take the lever with me when I park. A theft deterrent, well that was the idea....

TwoStates

I drove mine on a 55 mile round trip yesterday. I have previously been driving it around town and before the drive yesterday I filled up and checked my fuel economy and determined I get 11 mpg (6.5L) in town. I am not sure what my highway fuel economy is. This was the most I have ever driven the HMMWV in one day and I was pleased that I did not have any issues on the short round trip. This October I plan on taking it on a 700 mile round trip and I hope it is up for it!

Last edited:

GMVguy

Did you buy direct? How much coin does it take?

Thanks for sharing!
No sir, a friend had it from scrap. Part of a bundle deal, so I don't remember how much. I'm just going to use it for rucksacks and hopefully ammo cans if I can fab them up.

Another Ahab

I lost my lever use to start the truck. Took the screw out and take the lever with me when I park. A theft deterrent, well that was the idea....
That stinks when a good idea goes south on you like that.

Good news is theft deterrent works great.
Bad news is theft deterrent is so effective that nobody can use the rig. :naner:

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those Military Guys have them for a decent price. I bought extra for just the same eventuality as you describe.
Bulldogger
http://www.thosemilitaryguys.com/ignition-switch-lever/

I also thought to drill a 1/4" hole through the flat so I could slip a dogtag chain through it. Now I wear my Hmmwv key when I'm tooling around in her.

70deuce

Installed a conventional rear view mirror. Mounted it just above the wiper switch. Wiper switch not blocked at all. Used a piece of flat stock and the military rear view mirror NSN 2540 00 054 7201 you can get from a few different surplus suppliers. Works perfect. Centered view right through the curtain of the two man high top cargo setup.

Attachments

NV555

I ordered my first part for my M998. Figure since in waiting for my 97 I could get ahead of the game a bit.

I think I found a good trailer to haul my M998 back to Vegas from Yermo.

I cant post pictures yet but wanted an opinion on this trailer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks